October 13, 2015
Matthew Miller (Minneapolis, MN)
Author of Assassin’s Creed: The Complete Visual History and editor for Game Informer magazine and website
FULL PRESS PACK: CLICK HERE
ABOUT THE BOOK
Assassin’s Creed is one of the biggest entertainment properties in the world. A sweeping and visually rich narrative covering the Crusades in medieval Jerusalem, the pirate-infested oceans of the Caribbean, the height of the French Revolution, and more, Assassin’s Creed immerses fans in the most dramatic periods in human history and brings to life some of its most intriguing and influential characters.
This comprehensive book explores the history and legacy of Assassin’s Creed, its rich mythology, and the vivid artwork of the entire franchise, including works created for the graphic novels and downloadable content. With never-before-seen concept and character art, Assassin’s Creed: The Complete Visual History reveals the creative process behind the immersive historical settings as well as the development of such iconic characters as Altair, Ezio, Connor, and Arno, to name a few, chronicling how the franchise has evolved over the years while retaining its bold, signature look. Written by gaming journalist Matthew Miller and featuring commentary from key Ubisoft developers and artists, this comprehensive visual history offers unparalleled insight into one of the industry’s most acclaimed franchises.
The ultimate word on the blockbuster gaming phenomenon, Assassin’s Creed: The Complete Visual History is a must read for fans of the franchise and those interested in discovering the astounding artistry behind the creation of a major contemporary video game series.
- Assassin’s Creed is a historical fiction action-adventure-stealth video games series developed by Ubisoft that has sold over 73 million copies worldwide to date.
- Assassin’s Creed: The Definitive Visual History will be the latest edition to Insight Editions’ celebrated line of Assassin’s Creed® products, including the Abstergo Entertainment: Employee Handbook and Blackbeard: The Lost Journal.
- This deluxe art book will feature an original illustrated cover.
- Fall 2015 marks the 8th anniversary of the premiere of the series
- Includes exclusive coverage of Assassin’s Creed: Rogue as well as the upcoming Assassin’s Creed® game. It will also feature fan-favorite games such as Assassin’s Creed II, concept art for which has never been published. Includes all Assassin’s Creed® games to date, as well as comics and collectibles.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Matthew Miller is a writer and editor for Game Informer magazine and website, where he has covered games since 2004. He lives just outside of Minneapolis, MN with his wife and two exuberant dogs.