CLICK FOR EXCERPT
Paperback: 160 pages
Publisher: Libertas Press
Release date: December 8, 2014
Connor Boyack on Fox & Friends
CSPAN’s Book TV
Connor Boyack (Salt Lake City, UT)
Author, Feardom: How Politicians Exploit Your Emotions and What You Can Do to Stop Them
President, Founder – Libertas Institute
WHY YOU’RE BOOKING HIM
- Experienced on all media platforms. Has appeared on nationally-broadcast shows such as Fox & Friends, The Colbert Report, C-SPAN’s Book TV
- Young, millennial conservative voice
- Available for breaking news opportunities, frequently comments on current events
- Highly-relevant expertise heading into heated 2016 presidential election cycle
EXPERTISE / TALKING POINTS
- Elections, political messaging/communication
- Libertarian political theory
- Mormon faith
- Politics/government/public policy
WHAT IS THE BOOK ABOUT?
The politicization of fear. Political propaganda. The way politicians cultivate crisis and fear and promise ‘protection’ for the purposes of advancing agendas, passing policies and gaining power. This pattern is as predictable as it is destructive. The end result is the same: a loss of liberty. Policies that are costly, oppressive, and harmful are supported by people who abandon any interest in freedom or personal responsibility in hopes of feeling safe.
Boyack also explains how we can thwart government’s use of fear to make clear and sensible decisions regarding our freedoms and future.
WHY IS IT RELEVANT?
- 2015 presidential election cycle is nearly upon us. Airwaves, media to be overrun with political messaging.
- ISIS and other terrorist threats continue, unresolved. Border security, economy, ebola and other issues will be used to create fear in months ahead
- Americans must know how to see through propaganda, make clear, sensible policy and electoral decisions in 2015
- Recent and current fear-driven narratives include those around:
- Midterm and upcoming presidential elections
- ISIS, Islam and the Middle East
- Domestic terror, inc. airline industry/TSA (with holidays coming, this is particularly relevant)
- Common Core
- Border security
WHO IS CONNOR BOYACK?
Connor Boyack is founder and president of Libertas Institute, a libertarian think tank in Utah. In that capacity, he has spearheaded important policy reforms dealing with property rights, civil liberties, transparency, surveillance, and education freedom.
Connor is the author of several books, including the new Tuttle Twins series that teaches the principles of liberty to young children. Other books include Latter-day Liberty: A Gospel Approach to Government and Politics and its companion, Latter-day Responsibility: Choosing Liberty through Personal Accountability.
Connor’s work has been publicly praised by former Representative Ron Paul, Judge Andrew Napolitano, Tom Woods, and other nationally recognized figures. He is a frequent commentator on current events and has appeared in local, national, and international interviews to publicize and comment on his work.
- Feardom: How Politicians Exploit Your Emotions and What You Can Do to Stop Them (2014)
- The Tuttle Twins Learn About The Law (2014)
- Anxiously Engaged: Essays on Faith, Family, & Freedom (2013)
- Latter-day Responsibility: Choosing Liberty Through Personal Accountability (2012)
- Latter-day Liberty: A Gospel Approach to Government and Politics (2011)