David Salyers and Dr. Randy Ross
WATCH DR. RANDY ROSS
[vimeo width=”230″ height=”135″]http://vimeo.com/107170219[/vimeo]
Publisher: Baker Books (February 16, 2016)
Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 8.5
Co-author, ‘Remarkable!: Maximizing Results Through Value Creation‘; Vice President of Marketing, Chick-Fil-A
Dr. Randy Ross
Co-author, ‘Remarkable!: Maximizing Results Through Value Creation‘; Speaker and Consultant
FULL PRESS PACK: CLICK HERE
- Corporate leadership, branding, marketing
- Transforming corporate culture
Dr. Randy Ross
- Leadership training/coaching
- Transforming corporate culture
- Axiology – the study of values and value constructs
WHO ARE DAVID SALYERS & DR. RANDY ROSS?
- Vice President of Marketing at Chick-Fil-A, one of America’s most powerful businesses, brands
- Board member for numerous non-profit organizations and for-profit startups
- Began career at Chick-Fil-A the same day he graduated college 30+ years ago
- Nationally-renowned, sought-after speaker
David Salyers is Vice President of Marketing for Chick-fil-A, Inc., one of America’s most successful, powerful and beloved brands/businesses. The chain has experienced 48 years of consecutive sales increases with 2015 sales expecting to reach $6.8 billion. Having graduated from college on a Saturday morning, he began his career with Chick-fil-A before the day was over. Currently serving as the Vice President of National, Regional and Local Marketing for Chick- fil-A, Inc., David has invested his entire career as part of a team, committed to building the kind of company culture that people talk about. As a passionate student of life and business, he has spent over thirty years seeing the principles in his book play out corporately and in over 1,980 Chick-fil-A restaurants across the country. Serving as a board member for numerous non-profit organizations and for-profit startups has convinced him further that the principles contained within these pages are universally applicable. Having the unique opportunity to witness both great leaders and great organizations, he is energized to pass along the principles he has discovered from a personal journey, which can only be described as…remarkable.
Dr. Randy Ross
- Founder of Remarkable!, a corporate advisory and consulting firm
- Works with nonprofit and for-profit organizations
- Speaker, consultant, coach
Founder and CEO (Chief Enthusiasm Officer) of Remarkable!, Dr. Randy Ross is a “craftsman of culture and a catalytic coach,” who inspires elevated performance. A master of cultural transformation, Dr. Ross has a unique understanding of employee engagement and offers practical solutions for increasing both the morale and performance of work teams.
Dr. Ross helps leaders understand how they can create value in every endeavor. Spending time in both the for-profit and not-for-profit worlds, he has traveled throughout the United States and internationally as a speaker, consultant, and coach, building teams and developing leaders. A compelling communicator, Dr. Ross has the keen sensitivity to speak to the heart of leaders and inspires elevated performance among teams.
WHAT IS THE BOOK ABOUT?
Remarkable! is a corporate parable written by Chick-Fil-A Vice President David Salyers and speaker/author Dr. Randy Ross. Taking abstract principles and creating a concrete narrative, Remarkable! engages the reader while imparting leadership lessons that can transform one’s workplace culture, one’s own response to life, and one’s personal relationships by introducing the four “maxims of value creation”: creativity (creating value in life); positivity (the by-product of creating value); sustainability (leveraging passion to solve problems); and responsibility (empowerment to create value).
WHY THE BOOKS, AUTHORS ARE RELEVANT:
- Corporate and employee loyalty are at all-time lows. Employees are expenses; employers are a means to an end. This synergistic mentality can be anathema to a productive, loyal workforce. What can make employees pour all of their potential into their jobs? How can a team leader create a sense of loyalty among the team members? How can a corporate leader stop the revolving door of good employees? How should one empower managers to transform their teams? How do these efforts and outcomes affect the bottom line?
- With the economy still struggling to recover from the recession, organizations may be focusing on numbers rather than the welfare of their valuable employees. What is the relationship between the job satisfaction of an employee and the bottom line of a corporate ledger? What is the difference between employing people and engaging with/investing in people?
- Where money is typically seen as king, true success actually lies with a culture of selflessness, doing the right thing and building personal relationships. This is counter-cultural in every way – operating as a value creator, not a value extractor.
- The same thing that will transform a company culture can transform personal and family relationships. What principles transcend context to create success at every point in our lives?
WHO IS THE AUDIENCE?
- Mid-level managers
- Team leaders
- Entrepreneurs/small business owners
- Career-minded professionals
- New MBAs
- Sales managers
- Anyone tasked with creating a culture
“Every organization has a culture. It will either be by design or by default. Remarkable! will help leaders intentionally craft a compelling culture, where team members are inspired to bring their best to the table every single day.” – John Maxwell, New York Times bestselling author
“Indeed, true transformation begins on the inside before it’s revealed on the outside. This book is a catalyst for personal and cultural transformation.” —Orrin Woodward, New York Times bestselling author and founder, LIFE Leadership
“I wore out a highlighter on this one. After reading it three times, I have come to the conclusion that Remarkable! is not only the book’s title, but it also perfectly describes the content of this incredibly valuable work.” —Andy Andrews, New York Times bestselling author of The Traveler’s Gift and The Noticer
“Clear, compelling, and inspiring . . . it is simply transformational!” —Todd Duncan, New York Times bestselling author of Time Traps: Proven Strategies for Swamped Salespeople
“When you read Remarkable! you’ll know why I go to people like David Salyers and Randy Ross with questions about leadership and life. I loved this book, and you will too!” —Jon Acuff, New York Times bestselling author of Do Over: Rescue Monday, Reinvent Your Work and Never Get Stuck