She Writes Press
September 12, 2017
Deanna Willmon (Las Vegas, NV)
Speaker and author of Negatively Ever After: A Skeptic’s Guide to Happiness
FULL PRESS PACK: CLICK HERE
ABOUT THE BOOK
Fed up with happiness gurus telling you that you can’t be happy unless you get rid of all of your negativity? Sick of all those perky Positive Pollys receiving all the happiness glory? Negatively Ever After will provide the guidance you need to find happiness without the impossible task of eradicating negativity from your life. This book debunks the popular misconception that being positive and being happy are synonymous. Using a simple “Happiness Bank” analogy, the author shares her research, experiences, and missteps in discovering that negativity is not the enemy. From achieving self-adoration and learning what gratitude truly means to determining whether sharing happiness is really a good idea, this book explains how to develop “Negativity Wisdom” in order to embrace and effectively utilize your inherent negative tendencies. Realistic and accessible, Negatively Ever After will help you harness your negativity and find your own inner happiness.
- Wisely Use Negativity: you don’t need to be completely positive to be happy
- Negativity Wisdom: work with negativity, not overcome it
- Debunking the popular misconception that being positive and being happy are synonymous
- Self-help seekers frustrated with traditional, positive-focused happiness methods
- Coping with the constant mirage of negativity from the media
- Messaging in the Media: how this message is targeting teens
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Deanna Willmon is an author and speaker who has spent most of her professional career trying to convince others that they need to be more administratively organized. Now, she spends her time convincing people they need negativity in their life. Deanna has come to the conclusion that negativity isn’t the enemy of happiness; hence her title Negatively Ever After. Deanna enjoys reading, playing board games, and writing short stories.She hails from Las Vegas and still resides there with her spouse and two children.