Paperback, 268 Pages
Business Solutions Press
Author of Bogus Balance: Your Journey to Real Work/ Life Bliss
Bliss builder, national speaker, Huffington Post contributor, award-winning author and president of Momentum, LLC
WHY YOU’RE BOOKING HER
- In this world we live in, everyone is striving to lead a happier, more relaxed, more joyful, more blissful life.
- President of Momentum, LLC, a San Diego-based training and facilitation company that helps organizations achieve their goals and helps their leaders sleep better at night
- National speaker, who has travelled the country giving talks and workshops to organizations such as the National Association of Women Business Owners, Vistage International and the Boys and Girls Clubs of America
- Author of two other books, The Mission Myth: Building Nonprofit Momentum Through Better Business (January 2012) and Tough Truths (October 2012)
- Regular Huffington Post contributor
- A bliss builder, who targeted roughly 100 people from all walks of life—some who had a blissful life and some who didn’t—to find out the truth about work /life bliss
EXPERTISE/ TALKING POINTS
- We work more to make more money, but do we have time to spend it and when we do, are we finding finding bliss?
- Don’t just take Deirdre’s word for it—she interviewed 100 people on finding bliss. Get a sneak peek into what they found.
- Where the term work/ life balance came from—and why it is no longer valid
- Viral Vanity: The real truth behind why we can’t disconnect from technology
- Little lies we tell ourselves as to why we can’t have bliss—right now
- How to know if you’ve hit the ‘Bogus Bottom’—and how to pick yourself back up
- The Debilitation of Disconnecting: Why we choose to make ourselves available 24/7
- Work is a part of your life—and why you shouldn’t think of work and life separately
- Finding the Right Fit: Exercises to find the career, relationships and more that will make you blissful (and how to create a plan to get there)
- Bliss-busters: Identifying what will keep you from changing your life to one of bliss
- How to get an annual bliss check-up—and why you need one
WHAT IS THE BOOK ABOUT?
Do you wonder why you can’t seem to achieve the work/life balancing act? Do you find yourself struggling to stay on top of everything, feeling like you never catch up? Do you spend significant time feeling stressed, tired, and dissatisfied? The problem with work/life balance isn’t that you can’t achieve it. It’s that nobody can.
The good news is that finding real balance – and the bliss that comes with it – is absolutely possible. In fact, some have already figured it out. And they’re about to tell you how they did it.
Bogus Balance gets to the heart of why our understanding of work/life balance is a set-up for frustration. It then gets to the good stuff, providing hope from those who have walked their journey to bliss. Best of all, the interactive exercises will get you started on your journey, too.
WHO IS DEIRDRE MALONEY?
Deirdre Maloney is a bliss builder who helps people find their truth and live a happier, more successful life. Deirdre has used her brand of “mild audacity” to inspire positive change and blissful living around the country, presenting keynotes and workshops for organizations. Her popular blog on all things leadership is a hit with those who like a direct, authentic style with their morning coffee, and she is featured regularly in the Huffington Post. In her spare time, Deirdre can be found running into canyons for greater endurance, meditating in silence for greater peace of mind, exploring new places for greater wisdom, or quietly falling asleep on the couch.