Dr. Robert J. Morgan
Hardcover: 240 pages
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Release date: August 16, 2016
Dr. Robert J. Morgan (Nashville)
Author of The Strength You Need: The Twelve Great Strength Passages of the Bible
Pastor, The Donelson Fellowship
- Graduated magna cum laude from Columbia International University in Columbia, S. C.
- Graduated with high honors from Wheaton Graduate School, Wheaton, Illinois (MA in Christian Education).
- Graduated from Luther Rice Seminary in Atlanta, Georgia, Master of Divinity.
- Awarded an honorary Doctor of Divinity degree from Columbia International University.
- Bestselling, gold medallion-winning author of 35 books, over 4 million in print
- Vast experience doing major broadcast media over many years
- Christian faith / scripture / theology / history
- Overcoming life’s trials and troubles
- Parenting / worried, anxious seasons of parenting
WHAT IS THE BOOK ABOUT?
Morgan leads a busy life as a pastor, speaker and author and is also a multitasking caregiver to his disabled wife. Most days, he’s exhausted. Yet over time, God has shown him how to build himself up when he’s worn himself out.
After reviewing the 232 occurrences of the word strength in Scripture, Pastor Robert Morgan discovered twelve clear passages that drop anchor in God’s sea of strength. The book explores the twelve types of strength available to every Christ follower.
WHY IS IT RELEVANT?
- Busyness, exhaustion are rampant
- Anxiety, worry overwhelming so many regardless of age, race, sex
- An increasingly hostile culture clashing with our faith
- Media, cultural messaging fueled by darkness, discouraging news/prognostications
WHO IS ROBERT J. MORGAN?
Robert J. Morgan is the teaching pastor of The Donelson Fellowship in Nashville, Tennessee, where he has served for 35 years. He is a best-selling and Gold-Medallion winning writer with more than 35 books in print and more than 4 million copies in circulation in multiple languages. He is a writer for Dr. David Jeremiah and Turning Points Magazine and has had countless articles published in other leading Christian periodicals. He is also a regular contributor to The Huffington Post. Rob has appeared on numerous national television and radio shows.
- Worked with the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, 1974-1975.
- Pastor of Harris Memorial Church in Greeneville, Tennessee from 1976-1979.
- Pastor of The Donelson Fellowship in suburban Nashville, since January 1, 1980.
- Has conducted conferences for missions groups in Asia, Africa, Europe, and South America. Has lectured frequently at Fackelbärana, the Torchbearer’s School in Holsybrunn, Sweden.
- Frequent speaker at Christian colleges, conferences, workshops, seminars, and churches across the country.