Hardcover: 224 pages
Release date: March 10 2015
Dru Joyce II (Akron, OH)
Author, Beyond Championships: A Playbook
for Winning at Life
Head Basketball Coach,
St. Vincent-St. Mary High (Akron, OH)
Executive Director, ‘King James Shooting Stars Classic’
FULL PRESS PACK: CLICK HERE
WHY YOU’RE BOOKING HIM
- One of America’s most high-profile and successful high school basketball coaches
- Mentor/father figure to many, many young men, including NBA superstar LeBron James
- Media savvy, experienced across all platforms
- Inspiring and counter-cultural message
EXPERTISE / TALKING POINTS
- Decision-making, discipline, service
WHAT IS THE BOOK ABOUT?
As the coach of one of high school basketball’s greatest programs, Coach Dru Joyce has been mentor and motivator to some of the nation’s best young players, including basketball legend LeBron James. Despite having virtually no experience in the sport, in less than ten years, Joyce went from a no-name fan to one of the highest profile basketball coaches in the country.
With considerable insight and grit earned from his years on and off the court, Coach Dru shares for the first time the secrets to his teams’ success and his own coaching achievements. Far more than a sports book, Beyond Championships is a blueprint for anyone looking to make better choices, reach their full potential, and become a winner in all areas of life.
As he outlines the nine principles that he promotes to his players and tries to live in his own life, readers discover that the solid foundation on which he built so many successful basketball programs can be applied to almost any situation.
WHY IS IT RELEVANT?
- Millions of people feel stuck. Unfulfilled. Like they’re not doing what they should be doing or experiencing the success they should be experiencing. But, they’re too risk-averse, frightened to make a change, take charge. Coach Dru can speak from experience about leaving security behind and taking that leap of faith.
- Young people everywhere are making life-altering decisions based on the promise of instant gratification and without much thought regarding their futures. The book provides invaluable wisdom regarding planning, stewardship and resourcefulness.
- Countless young people are without the guidance of a strong, male presence/father figure in their lives and haven’t had hard work and discipline modeled for them. Book provides that voice.
- Foreword by and endorsement from LeBron James
WHO IS DRU JOYCE II?
A native of East Liverpool, Ohio, Dru Joyce II is the head basketball coach at St. Vincent-St. Mary High School in Akron. Since taking over the reins of the program, he has led the team to three state, seven regional and 11 district championships.