ABOUT THE BOOK
God gave girls grit and grace. From the very beginning, God looked to girls and women to teach, to lead, to love, to change the world. We know because we can read their stories in the Bible. From Eve to Mary and everyone in between, the Bible is full of gritty and graceful women who faced tough circumstances with courage, toughness, intelligence, and faith. This companion to Caryn Rivadeneira’s critically acclaimed Grit and Grace: Heroic Women of the Bible combines exciting storytelling with the vivid illustrations of Sonya Abby Soekarno to bring the stories of these biblical women to life.
Gritty and Graceful: 15 Inspiring Women of the Bible will inspire the gritty and graceful girls in your life to imagine their place in God’s story, how they can make a difference in the world, and do great things for God.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Caryn Rivadeneira is the author of eleven books, for both children and grown-ups. Caryn is a proud member of INK: A Creative Collective and the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators. When not writing, you can find Caryn at her church, where she serves on staff, or hanging out with her husband, three kids, and rescued pit bull.
- March is Women’s History Month – let’s celebrate our Christian heroines!
- The theme for this year’s International Women’s Day (March 8) is #BalanceForBetter – how did these women make the world better?
- Three ways that girls can be part of God’s story, just like the women of Gritty and Graceful
- As we move towards Easter, the importance of encouraging young women of faith to seek inspiration from the Bible
- Girl power: how these women of the Bible show modern day girls how to do great things for God
- Five ways these women of the Bible are gritty and graceful