David Sobel, M.D. is a board certified practicing urologist who specializes in sexual medicine and is a faculty member at the University of Colorado. He has over 21 years of experience and graduated from the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine. Prior to becoming a physician, he was a corporate lawyer with Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison in NYC. Dr. Sobel is also a founder of Emmi Solutions, a company that creates education modules that assist patients with their medical care. He lives in Denver with his wife and two children.
ABOUT THE BOOK
PRIMORDIAL is a Crichton-like thriller that centers on the plights of two scientists separated by decades and borders but united in their obsessive quest for the physical location of the soul. Jonas, a hospital attorney, begins to suspect that someone is targeting patients in his NYC hospital. With the help of two residents, his search for answers will bring him face to face with a killer.
Thought-provoking, both scientifically and ethically, PRIMORDIAL is a story that spans decades of medical and legal mystery, history and suspense. It will transport readers to a Nazi medical laboratory in World War II, then back to present day New York City where an unlikely trio, Jonas the experienced hospital lawyer, “Early” the quirky urology resident, and Rachel, the wickedly smart neurosurgery resident, struggle to piece together a series of unexplained killings. Debut author Dr. Sobel weaves his medical expertise and extensive historical research in a twisted tangle of secrets that will keep readers on the edge of their seats.
- Does a physical soul actually exist? And does consciousness survive the physical body? Dr. Sobel can share research on these topics.
- Did Nazi doctors actually do this type of experimentation in concentration camps? Does some form of this kind of research take place today?
- What is the current debate over the ethics and legality of modern day clinical trials?
- As both attorney and surgeon, and now author, Dr. Sobel is a unique trifecta of success. He can offer advice to busy professionals on how to carve out time to be creative.
- June 14-20 Men’s Health Week
- Father’s Day- June 20
- July 30 Paperback Book Day
- August 9 Book Lovers Day
- Urology Awareness Month- September (unique profile of Dr. Sobel)