ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Dr. Shellie Hipsky is the CEO of Inspiring Lives International and the president of the nonprofit 501 (c)(3) The Global Sisterhood, a charity that guides and supports women and girls toward their dreams and goals. The American Chronicle called her, “one of the top entrepreneurs in the U.S.”
Three of her 13 published books, based on 100 amazing interviews from her Empowering Women Radio show, the Common Threads trilogy focused on Inspiration, Empowerment, and Balance, earned international bestseller status. The former tenured professor of Ph.D. students and host of Inspiring Lives with Dr. Shellie on NBC has keynoted internationally from Passion to Profits in Hollywood to The University of Oxford in England and now teaches her signature EmpowerU Master Class, making the world her classroom. This powerful entrepreneur and influencer is the founder and editor-in-chief of Inspiring Lives Magazine: The Magazine for Empowering Women.
Dr. Shellie has been featured on over 23 magazine covers and on all the major TV networks, and she is delighted to bring the world Ball Gowns to Yoga Pants: Entrepreneurial Secrets to Create Your Dream Business and Brand through Morgan James Publishing.
ABOUT THE BOOK
Ball Gowns to Yoga Pants reveals the hush-hush details that every business owner of a startup wishes they knew before they jumped into owning their own business.
No, this isn’t a Cinderella Story …
or a Fitness Guide …
Dr. Shellie’s Ball Gowns to Yoga Pants helps you start building your authentic brand and successful company!
Dr. Shellie Hipsky’s daughter noted that her mom no longer wore power suits daily for work. As a successful motivational media company’s CEO and the nonprofit leader of The Global Sisterhood, Dr. Shellie helps inspire and empower the women of the world. Her daughter Alyssa stated she was always wearing either, “ball gowns for charity events or running around in yoga pants with her kids making deals on the phone.”
This practical book takes you step by step from vision to startup and beyond as Dr. Shellie describes her rise from tenured professor to becoming an award-winning “Best Business Woman” and “Entrepreneur of the Year” whose company has grown massively in impact and revenue.
If you have ever dreamed of leaving your 9-to-5 or you want to get back into the workforce as a powerful mom and entrepreneur, then listen as Dr. Shellie gives you her proven secrets to success, as well as the stories of other entrepreneurs who started out with a powerful vision and drive.
You will be living your perfect brand in no time. This is not a fairytale… It is your real life. No matter what you choose to wear, get on the path to business success with Dr. Shellie!
- Work-Life Balance – Keeping all the plates spinning successfully
- The importance of mentoring
- Transitioning from employee to entrepreneur
- Why women, more than ever, need to support each other’s success
- “Mompreneur” Life – Making it Work
- Networking at its finest – How and why your success depends on this
- How heart-centered companies can thrive even during uncertain times
- National Small Business Week — May 3-9
- Mother’s Day – May 10
- Independence Day – July 4
- Women’s Equality Day – August 26
- Women’s Small Business Month- October
- International Day of the Girl – October 11 (promotes girls’ empowerment and the fulfillment of their human rights)
- National Entrepreneurship Month – November
- Women’s Entrepreneurship Day – November 19
“Ball Gowns to Yoga Pants is a must-read for any aspiring business owner. Running a company is not for the faint of heart. You must have a passion for your work. Dr. Shellie Hipsky not only helps guide you to turn that passion into a business, but she also gives you the steps needed to make sure your enterprise is successful!” —Allison Maslan, CEO of Pinnacle Global Network and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of Scale or Fail: How to Build Your Dream Team, Explode Your Growth and Let Your Business Soar
“Open the cover of this book only if you are prepared to open your mind and your heart to the work of manifesting your greatest potential to live your best life! In this highly entertaining and deeply engaging book, Dr. Shellie takes the reader on a guided journey from their WHY to their HOW by sharing her own story, woven among insights shared by a multitude of successful entrepreneurs and leaders. If you are ready to be inspired, and to do the work you were born to do, turn the first page of this book and begin.”—Judy Safern, President of Leading Thinkers
“Gain insight on how to speak your truth and stand in your power. Current and future entrepreneurs will learn tips and techniques to help them stay grounded, focused, and centered through the peaks and valleys of building a business while maintaining your sanity and confidence.” —Lucinda Cross, President of Activate World Wide, Inc.
- 2020 “Five Star Author” from Bedside Reading
- 2020 “Impact Maker” from Ruchi Singh Talks
- 2019 “Social Legend” award from Real Beauty Real Women
- 2019 “Business Choice” award for Inspiring Lives Magazine from The Pittsburgh Business Show
- 2017 “Women of Achievement” – Cribs for Kids
- 2015 “Entrepreneur of the Year in Inspiration and Empowerment” from VIP Events Concierge
- 2015 “A Woman of the Year” from the National Professional Woman’s Association
- 2013 “Best Business Woman in Pittsburgh” from the Women’s Small Business Association