Thinkers 360 recognized Felix Holzapfel as a Top 10 Global Thought Leader in Digital Transformation. During the last two decades, Holzapfel has been privileged to support many global players on their way to the digital age. While he has published several books about technology, trends, and the shift in our media landscape, Catch-42 is his first novel and a book he has wanted to write for a long time. Having sold his digital marketing agency to one of the world’s leading IT services providers, he now has time for this passion project.
To learn more, visit www.felixholzapfel.com.
ABOUT THE BOOK
A glimpse of a future that may be right around the corner.
Tech thriller Catch-42 offers a mind-blowing tour of potential uses for AI, biotech, quantum computing, and robotics, all within a suspense-filled story packed with unexpected twists.
Dan is an ordinary guy, scrambling to make a living, who has the most extraordinary dream. A mysterious voice from the future asks for his help. He finds himself transported to a technological wonderland where everyone’s dreams can come true. Could this be nirvana, a peaceful and clear state of mind, or is this life destroying the one thing that makes us human? Whose vision of the future should Dan believe: that of the New World Order of WeYou, or the revolution of an underground movement called Teccupy?
Before Dan can make his choice, he must learn how we got from here to there. We are with Dan at every moment as he is forced to choose sides and think the unthinkable, make the impossible possible, and turn a hopeless situation into a solvable problem in his search for the ultimate catch-42.
Brimming with current scientific findings, Catch-42 is a novel like no other that raises fundamental and philosophical questions whose answers depend on us all.
- What does Catch-42 mean/ refer to?
- Are we heading toward a utopian or dystopian future? Felix’s mission is to motivate as many people as possible to do their part to make our future a world worth living in – for everyone.
- What kinds of fundamental questions should we be asking ourselves about the future as we enter into the post-Covid-19 era?
- Why is dystopia (1984, The Road, The Giver, The Handmaid’s Tale, Hunger Games, Divergent and Westworld) so popular?
- At age 18, Felix decided to reinvent himself. He can share reasons for his turnaround and offer advice to young people who are on the verge of going out on their own.
- How close are we to some tipping points in converging technologies like AI, biotech, genetic engineering, nanotech, robotic, or quantum computing?
- Humanoids: How quickly will they become part of our everyday lives? Or are they already?
- Surveillance capitalism: How far will companies and governments go?
- July 30 Paperback Book Day
- August 9 Book Lovers Day
- October 10, 2021 is the 60th anniversary of Catch-22
“We added some new letters to the alphabet of life. Catch-42 turns these new letters into a fascinating story about technology, our society, and future.” —Floyd E. Romesberg, Chemist, Synthetic Biologist, TED Speaker
“A breathtaking mix of science, technology, and philosophy. The result: A fascinating story with a daring and thought-provoking look into the future of humankind.” —Idris Mootee, Entrepreneur, Investor & AI evangelist
“Like it or not, technology will rapidly change our world. Catch-42 demonstrates why it is so important that all of us get involved in the decision-making process that is nearly upon us.” —M. Sean Coleman, Author
“In Catch-42, Felix Holzapfel spins his deep understanding of today’s most important technology trends into a gripping narrative about choice, ethics, and the nature of humanity—and shows us that the future will truly be what we make it.“ —Greg Verdino, Futurist, Author of Never Normal