Felix Holzapfel is a successful entrepreneur and thought leader in digital transformation, who supported and mentored many global players on their way into the digital age. He founded a digital marketing agency with his brother based in Germany and the US. They worked with some of the leading brands in the world (Fortune 500, DAX 30 and SMB entities).
Felix has already published several books about technology, trends, and the shift in media landscape. After successfully selling his digital marketing agency to one of the world’s leading IT service providers, he now has time to share his storytelling.
Furthermore, today Felix and his brother Klaus run Quovabiz and help their clients stay focused on answering the most important questions in our rapidly changing digital world.
More about Felix here.
ABOUT THE BOOK
A glimpse into a future that could be right around the corner.
Panopticon: a disciplinary concept brought to life in the form of a central observation tower placed within a circle of prison cells. From the tower, a guard can see every cell and inmate but the inmates can’t see into the tower. Prisoners will never know whether or not they are being watched. – ethics.org.au
A glimpse into a future that could be right around the corner. Dan is an ordinary guy, scrambling to make a living, when he has the most extraordinary dream. A voice from the future asks for his help. He finds himself transported to a virtual world, where he works hand in hand with the absolute rulers trying to save the remnants of humanity. That is, until he’s recruited by an underground movement called Teccupy (rhymes with occupy) and forced to choose which side he’s on . . . and whose vision of the future he believes in.
The future Dan sees is a technological wonderland where everyone’s dreams can come true no matter how many or how bizarre. However, driven by a pandemic into Total Physical Distancing, the tradeoff is life in a panopticon where every thought is monitored and manipulated . . . and it might just be destroying the one thing that makes us human.
Before Dan can help, he must learn how we got from here to there, and so do we, in this entertaining and mind-blowing tour of breakthroughs and advances in AI, biotech, quantum computing, and robotics that may lie ahead.
A novel like no other, brimming with current scientific findings, we are right there with Dan as he attempts to think the unthinkable, make the impossible possible, and turn a hopeless situation into a solvable problem . . . which means finding the ultimate Catch-42. More about the book here: catch-42.com
- What does Catch-42 mean/ refer to?
- Are we heading toward a utopian or dystopian future? Felix’s mission is to motivate as many people as possible to do their part to make our future a world worth living in – for everyone.
- What kinds of fundamental questions should we be asking ourselves about the future as we enter into the post-Covid-19 era?
- Why is dystopia (1984, The Road, The Giver, The Handmaid’s Tale, Hunger Games, Divergent and Westworld) so popular?
- At age 18, Felix decided to reinvent himself. He can share reasons for his turnaround and offer advice to young people who are on the verge of going out on their own.
- How close are we to some tipping points in converging technologies like AI, biotech, genetic engineering, nanotech, robotic, or quantum computing?
- Humanoids: How quickly will they become part of our everyday lives? Or are they already?
- Surveillance capitalism: How far will companies and governments go?
- January 2 is National Science Fiction Day
- March is International Ideas Month
- March is National March Into Literacy Month
- March 20 is World Storytelling Day
- April is D.E.A.R. (Drop Everything and Read) Month
- April 27 is Tell a Story Day
- May is Get Caught Reading Month
“In Catch-42, Felix Holzapfel spins his deep understanding of today’s most important technology trends into a gripping narrative about choice, ethics, and the nature of humanity—and shows us that the future will truly be what we make it.” —Greg Verdino, Futurist, Author of Never Normal
“Like it or not, technology will rapidly change our world. Catch-42 demonstrates why it is so important that all of us get involved in the decision-making process that is nearly upon us.” —M. Sean Coleman, Author of Netwars: The Code
“A breathtaking mix of science, technology, and philosophy. The result: A fascinating story with a daring and thought-provoking look into the future of humankind.” —Idris Mootee, Entrepreneur, Investor & AI evangelist
“Catch-42 is not a classic page-turner but a demanding idea-turner. The novel covers many trending topics and important current questions. You might need some time to read it, but it’s worth every second.” —Brett Greene, Founder, New Tech Northwest