ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Frank Schaeffer is a New York Times bestselling author of more than a dozen fiction and nonfiction books, including Crazy for God and Keeping Faith: A Father Son Story about Love and the United States Marine Corps. Frank’s three semi-biographical novels about growing up in a fundamentalist mission, Portofino, Zermatt and Saving Grandma, have a worldwide following and have been translated into nine languages. Visit his website at: lovechildrenplanet.com.
ABOUT THE BOOK
In Fall in Love, Have Children, Stay Put, Save the Planet, Be Happy, bestselling author Frank Schaeffer offers a passionate political, social, and lifestyle “blueprint” for changes that millions of us know are needed to rebalance our work lives with thriving relationships.
Even before everything was disrupted by COVID-19, millions of Americans were already questioning capitalism’s “values.” We were already challenging the idea that your job defines you. We already knew something was wrong. Loneliness, frustration, and alienation were already on the rise. Even the most successful of us felt too busy, too preoccupied, and too distracted to enjoy what we intuitively know are life’s greatest rewards: vibrant relationships, family life, connection to others, involvement in our community, and the thrilling experience of love.
Fall in Love . . . builds a well-researched and entertaining bridge to living happier lives and to a better future. It shows us that based on a better understanding of our evolutionary selves, we can thrive in family life and in our work life, too. But to do both joyfully—and at the same time—depends on rediscovering the priority of relationships, connections, community, and love.
TIMELY TIE-INS and TALKING POINTS
- The Pandemic
- How the pandemic forced Frank to strip life to the essentials and what that will look like going forward
- The lessons the pandemic taught many of us and why it forced us to rethink our values
- How to rebalance our work and family lives in a post-pandemic world
- New Year – January
- How to continue making New Year’s Resolutions that focus more on the important things in life like family
- The ways to continue focusing on “WHAT’S IN” such as family dinners, pets, flexible work arrangements/work-life balance/remote, importance of teachers and healthcare workers, etc.