ABOUT THE BOOK
The margin of error is shrinking…
Has the new normal just f***ed up the future for young adults?
Thanks to a global pandemic, they’re entering adulthood, their college career, or the workforce during record unemployment, a terrifying economy, and social guidelines that have all but eliminated life as we knew it.
And what about the millions of newly unemployed workers in America? As they look for a fresh start, how will they overcome the challenges of an economy decimated by COVID-19?
If having a strategy for the future was important before, now it’s critical. The choices new grads, young adults, or the newly unemployed make and the practices they adopt right now are going to shape not only their career, but every other aspect of their life as well.
Fred Stuvek, Jr. has some hard-earned life lessons to share with them. As a former athlete who served in the military and successfully started his own business, he has advice for those looking to thrive in this battered economy.
In Don’t F*** This Up!, he explains how harnessing certain proven success principles will help guide those looking for a new start in a world where the margin of error is narrower than ever. He can explain the following in more detail:
- Adopt high standards and become disciplined
- Learn how to focus on goal setting from a Hall of Fame athlete turned soldier
- Develop and improve essential relationships from someone who has built successful businesses
- Establish a high level of personal integrity through the right actions and attitude
- Develop the resilience and grit to overcome adversity
- Fred’s unique trifecta of experience includes success in high school and college sports, the military and business that gives him a unique outlook on success – one that is needed in today’s economy
- Graduates looking to start a career in an economy decimated by COVID-19 need to be smart about how to prepare and set themselves apart
- The margin of error for new grads starting jobs narrows by the week, making each choice critical
- More people than ever are looking to start over with unemployment from COVID-19 at record levels – Fred has advice for launching a new chapter
- Advice on improving upon one’s skills as an ongoing effort
- Hard-earned life lessons that adults young and old need to hear
- World Productivity Day (June 20)
- Paperback Book Day (July 30)
- Next round of college graduations (August)
- Fall 2020 – with football season underway, Fred can discuss his own experience as a Hall of Fame college athlete and how it helped make him successful
- Self-Improvement Month (September)
- Read a New Book Month (September)
- National Book Month (October)
- Navy Birthday (October 13) – Fred can discuss the Naval Academy / his naval service and how both laid a foundation of success for his future
- National Face Your Fears Day (October 20)
- National Career Development Month (November)
- Military Family Month (November)
- Veteran’s Day (November 11) – Fred can discuss his military experience and how it helped him in the business world
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
FRED STUVEK JR. has achieved extraordinary success in diverse realms. He has been inducted into the Pennsylvania Sports Hall of Fame for achievements in football, basketball, baseball, and track. He graduated from the United States Naval Academy, after lettering three years as quarterback for the Midshipmen. After service as a Naval Officer, he transitioned to the business world where he has held senior leadership positions in private and public companies, both domestically and internationally. Key successes include an international medical imaging start-up that led to a successful IPO, and forming a private medical services company, which he subsequently sold. From the playing field, to the war room, to the board room, his leadership and accomplishments have given him a distinct perspective and a results-oriented mindset.
PRAISE FOR FRED STUVEK
“Fred Stuvek embodies the principles and values instilled at the Naval Academy which is why we provide his book to graduating seniors on the football team. The lessons and advice will be of incalculable value as they embark on their military service and put these principles into action.”
- Frank Schenk, President, Navy Football Brotherhood
“Fred has written a course unto itself. This book reaches out to anyone who wants to be an entrepreneur and leads them down the path they need to follow to turn their dreams into reality. Rarely does one book do so much for so many, but its applicability is undeniable. If you are mentoring someone, you have to read this book and then get it to your mentees!”
- Alan Lerchbacker, Adjunct Professor, School of Business, University of San Diego, San Diego, CA
“It Starts With You contains the foundational principles of leadership, management and strategy consolidated into an easy-to-read personal guidebook. It motivates the reader and provides a clear path to higher levels of excellence and personal achievement.”
- George M. Yacus, Ph.D., Adjunct Professor, Strome School of Business, Old Dominion University, Norfolk VA