ABOUT THE BOOK
In The Straight A Handbook: The 50 Most Powerful Secrets For Ultimate Success In And Out Of The Classroom, Dr. Chuback shares the skills, techniques, and philosophies which are the key to success in school, work, and life. Drawing from his unusually lengthy and rigorous academic experience, which led to a challenging, but equally rewarding career, Dr. Chuback brings a rare expertise to the subject of academic excellence and the inner growth of the individual.
Almost everything taught in these pages are ideas and lessons which arose from real life experiences which he encountered on his journey to becoming a successful surgeon, entrepreneur, and inventor. The essential message is that these are proven and reproducible steps that will help anyone ascend great heights. It is Dr. Chuback’s belief that if one were to master even 10 of the 50 skills outlined in this book, a student’s success would not only be extremely likely, but practically inevitable. Chuback has used these techniques with his 3 children; two of whom are currently working to receive a law degree and one of whom graduates from high school this May.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
John A. Chuback, M.D., is board certified in General Surgery and Cardiovascular Surgery. He received his M.D. from Rutgers University and has been in private practice in New Jersey for 18 years.
Dr. Chuback practiced open heart surgery for the first 6 years of his career and then made a paradigm shift and focused on laser treatment of varicose vein disease.
He is the Chief Medical Officer at Chuback Medical Group, and founder of VitasupportMD, a nutraceutical company which produces dietary supplements to support good health. He is also a patent holding inventor and visual artist.
He is the recipient of many honors and awards in the field of medicine and surgery and created Chuback Education which offers programs on weight management, smoking cessation, personal development, and academic achievement.
He is the author of Make Your Own Damn Cheese: Understanding, Navigating, and Mastering the 3 Mazes of Success, and his newest book, The Straight A Handbook: The 50 Most Powerful Secrets For Ultimate Success In And Out Of The Classroom.
Dr. Chuback’s greatest ambition is to educate as many people as he can about their personal potential for achievement, success, happiness and service which is nearly limitless and the key to unlocking this immense resource lies in their own magnificent mind.
- As graduation approaches, Dr. Chuback can talk about the 50 essential skills he recommends students learn in order to excel at anything they’re working towards.
- How to treat every day like a school day: There are always lessons to be learned and people to learn them from.
- Stress Awareness Month: Learn how to differentiate between worries and real problems.
- If you are graduating from college in May, he can talk about the academic skills that can help you outside of the classroom, whether at work or in interpersonal relationships.
- The importance of philosophy: How we think and what we think are by far the most important determinants of how we will live and how successful we will be.
- “How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time!”: When it comes to education, you must apply the same philosophy. Take one small step at a time towards larger goals.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: It is important to do things that are right for you because this will help you to live a happy, fulfilled life.
- Father’s Day: Dr. Chuback can talk about how his father was the person who shaped his love of education, and how he has been able to pass that passion on to his own children.
- Read a New Book Month: Dr. Chuback’s favorite quote is: “The book is your best friend, it never talks back, and it is always there when you need it”. He can talk about his favorite books over the years, and how they impacted his life.
- Science Education Day- March 14th
- Graduation season- May
- Stress Awareness Month- April
- Teacher Appreciation Week- May 5-11
- Mental Health Awareness Month- May
- Father’s Day – June 20th (Lessons he’s passed down to his 3 kids for success).
- Back-to-school- August/September
- Self Improvement Month – September
- Read a New Book Month- September