ABOUT THE BOOK
A needed prescription for our irrational fears
The Irrational Fear Cure is a radical yet visionary book that serves as a blueprint for achieving personal and societal well-being. It is a timely resource for a world living in the age of a global pandemic.
Author Teri Smith-Pickens, a mental health practitioner, interviewed more than 200 people to help them to better understand where their fears and anxieties come from. She shares these stories throughout the book, highlighting how many people are living in survival mode stemming from trauma in childhood, and as adults, who now use obsessive compulsive behaviors to fill voids they feel on the inside.
She outlines what happens to a mind already filled with irrational fears and chronic anxiety when it encounters the rational fear of a pandemic. By unmasking the truth behind these addictions, she gives a deeper understanding of the fears we all face and how to cure them.
Teri makes it clear that it is not part of God’s plan for us to live in our childhood primal brains and remain in bondage to our fears. Instead, He wants us to put on our spiritual anchor and break free from all fears and anxiety.
- Anxiety disorders are the most common mental illness in the U.S., affecting 40 million adults in the United States age 18 and older
- COVID has introduced new fears into our everyday lives – from going to school to grocery shopping, both real and irrational fears abound. How do we overcome and manage those fears?
- Due to COVID, quarantines, lockdowns, etc., many more people are dealing with mental health issues than ever before
- An up-close look at breaking down irrational fears – where do they come from, how to combat them, and more
- Instead of corporations investing in “mindfulness” training in schools, let’s invest in keeping children out of survival mode to eliminate ADD/ADHD.
- Survival Mode Syndrome– how it leads to obsessive compulsive behaviors and how to overcome it
- The importance of 3-fold development of the body, soul and spirit; Survival Mode leaves out the spirit, which is dangerous for a person’s total well-being
- National Mentoring Month (January)
- New Year/New You (January)
- Motivation & Inspiration Day (January 2)
- I’m Not Going to Take it Anymore Day (January 7)
- Hunt for Happiness Week (week of January 17)
- Relationship Wellness Month (February)
- International Boost Self-Esteem Month (February)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Teri Smith-Pickens is an award-winning and best-selling author and speaker, in addition to her work as a mental health practitioner and coach. She has inspired and transformed many lives through her coaching, speaking and media appearances. In 2007, Teri had a supernatural revelation that changed the course of her life, giving her unerring courage to confront important, controversial mental health issues in children’s lives and the society at large, giving birth to her book, The Fear Cure in Four Miraculous Steps.
“The Fear Cure helps readers face their irrational fears, including pandemics or other natural disasters, live in the present, let God worry about tomorrow, live each day as if it is the last, and make prayers and meditation their daily routine. The spiritual undertones in the book help readers understand the power of faith and how fear ceases to exist where there is faith.” – Mamta Madhavan, Readers’ Favorite
“The author offered true insight and deep exploration of a range of timely and urgent issues. The narrative was deeply and thoughtfully researched, and I appreciated the author’s genuine, authentic tone throughout the manuscript. The narrative held my interest throughout, and I liked the real-life examples the author used to illustrate different problems and principles discussed in the chapters. The writing is clear and engaging, and there is good depth to the subject matter, appropriate for a book in this genre.” – Courtney Watson, Editor, Gatekeeper Press
“I can honestly say my life has changed after reading The Fear Cure. It’s like being born again; it is releasing the child that is inside you without sin, without fear. You are able to love, forgive, understand and to surrender because the innocence is there. The grass is greener, the lights brighter, the sun is shining, the trees are taller, and the air is crisp. I have found my serenity. God, what a beautiful feeling.” – Alberto Colon, HCCC, Kearny, NJ