ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Credentials: Dr. Thomas Jeneby is a board-certified plastic surgeon in San Antonio, Texas. He has been in practice since 2002 and has held the position as President of the San Antonio Society of Plastic Surgeons since 2016. In recognition of his performance as one of the most competent cosmetic surgeons in San Antonio, Dr. Jeneby was honored by being appointed a Diplomat of the American Board of Plastic Surgery in 2003. He currently holds state medical board licenses in Texas, Arkansas, California, Pennsylvania, and Florida. He obtained his medical degree from the Medical College of Virginia (Virginia Commonwealth University) in Richmond, Virginia.
Enough with the formalities, Dr. Jeneby is an eccentric, joke-telling, long-haired, outspoken, attention-grabbing clothes- and cowboy boot-wearing, son of Turkish immigrants. He does many of his cosmetic surgeries live on Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat, with very small pieces of tape covering up anything that would make the videos “inappropriate.” He curses, he jokes, and he’s a hell of a surgeon.
AND he has a compassionate heart. Each month, Dr. Jeneby donates funding and surgical expertise to the Family Violence Prevention Services, Inc. in San Antonio, in the form of free reconstructive surgery to battered women, and to The Wounded Warrior Project to help injured and disfigured soldiers. A portion of the proceeds from his book will go toward these charities.
Dr. Jeneby has been featured in Newsweek, Cosmopolitan, S.A. Scene in the “Best Plastic Surgeons” issue, as well as multiple appearances on local and national shows such as Inside Edition.
ABOUT THE BOOK
Get ready to have your world rocked!
You are about to enter the wild and wonderful world of one of San Antonio’s most outrageous, respected and beloved board-certified plastic surgeons. In his upcoming book, Confessions of a Plastic Surgeon: Shocking Stories about Enhancing Butts, Boobs, and Beauty (Atkins Greenspan, September 2019), “Dr. J.” takes readers behind the scenes of his successful plastic surgery practice and tells ALL, especially the “stuff” nobody tells medical school residents when they decide to go into plastic surgery!
Not only does Dr. Jeneby invite readers into his busy practice, but he also “virtually” invites them into the operating room where he has embraced the cutting-edge marketing phenomenon of “live sharing” his surgeries on social media, in the form of Facebook Lives, Snapchat, and Instagram Stories.
In the book, readers can follow Dr. Jeneby…
- from the sanctuary of his on-site operating room doing a pre-dawn breast augmentation with his signature adjustable implants,
- to his fast-paced consults where he sizes up a potential patient’s mental health because he’s not just going to give someone want they want until he’s convinced that the patient understands exactly what he/she is getting into; (Guys, you may think you want a penis enlargement, but maybe you really just need a little affirmation),
- through the moment-by-moment maze of managing his women-only staff,
- back to his roots, his family, and how he got to be where he is today…and so much more!
- You’ll also hear from some of his raving fans, as well as victims of domestic abuse, both of whose lives have been transformed because of Dr. Jeneby’s expertise.
- Non-medical but commonly used terms in his plastic surgery suite: Break-away boobs, Jerks, Man boobs, Daddy Makeover , Mommy Makeover, Ab Etching (making a six pack), “Sparta” Surgery (Male Chest and Abdomen Etching), Vaginal Tightening, BAM(Breast augmentation with Mastopexy) Smart Lipo, Tickle Lipo , Arm Lift.
- What really goes on behind the scenes in a busy plastic surgeon’s office
- 5 Things to ask your plastic surgeon on the first visit
- Ways plastic surgeons decide if a patient is mentally ready to go “under the knife”
- How a good plastic surgeon handles the jerks that come in with their partner considering plastic surgery
- Men’s options for plastic surgery: what Dr. Jeneby can do to enhance male appearance “Ab Etching” and performance through testosterone pellets
- What are the craziest requests Dr. Jeneby has ever gotten?
- Why does he film his surgeries? Has anything ever gone wrong “on camera?”
“In this book, Tayf Jeneby, MD, takes the reader behind the scenes into the mind, heart and soul of a busy plastic surgery practice. I can promise you, after reading this book, you will never think of plastic surgery quite the same way again.” – Isaac L. Wornom III, MD, FACS, Richmond Plastic Surgeon