Gluten Free Cooking
Alamelu Vairavan & Margaret Pfeiffer (Madison, WI)
Authors of Indian Inspired Gluten-Free Cooking
FULL PRESS KIT: CLICK HERE
- Spice up your gluten-free life: Indian-inspired recipes to liven up your diet
- East meets West meets Gluten-Free: Why Indian cuisine is one of the best for Celiac sufferers
- Indian fusion: American comfort food with a wholesome Indian twist
- Why Celiac disease is more common than you think
- How to cook gluten-free
- An Indian-inspired [gluten-free] Thanksgiving table
- Must have spices and staples for your gluten-free pantry
Among the first of its kind, Indian Inspired Gluten-Free Cooking is spicing up the gluten-free lifestyle with one of the healthiest and easiest cuisines in the world.
Indian food lends itself naturally to gluten-free cooking because the vegetable and rice dishes are enhanced with spices and legumes without wheat, oat or barley. That, along with requests from viewers of her PBS program “Healthful Indian Flavors with Alamelu,” is precisely why veteran author and culinary instructor Alamelu Vairavan decided to write Indian Inspired Gluten-Free Cooking.
Together with Registered Dietician Margaret Pfeiffer, Alamelu brings the rich aromatic dishes of South India to a market focused mainly on gluten-free breads and desserts.
Featuring more than 100 step-by-step recipes, a helpful FAQ on gluten-free foods, and a guide to Indian ingredients, Indian Inspired Gluten-Free Cooking includes nutritional analysis and a full-color photo for each recipe.
Sample recipes include: Lentil Crepes, Seasoned Apple Relish, Mushroom and Green Pea Quinoa with Pistachios, Chickpeas with Ginger and Mango, Chicken in Almond-Coconut Sauce, and Sweet Black Rice with Cardamom and Coconut.
The authors are based in the Milwaukee and Phoenix areas.