Heather and Bruce Galpert
Wagon Wheel Productions
Ages 3-9 years
Heather and Bruce Galpert (Santa Fe, NM)
Co-authors, My Pancakes Taste Different Today!
FULL PRESS PACK: CLICK HERE
- Demonstrating the importance of personal responsibility in protecting the environment to your kids
- 5 Tips to Teach Kids Where Their Food Comes From
- Understanding the Process: How fruits, vegetables and boxed goods get to the table
- Problem Solving: The value of friends working together to help each other
- Experiment: Recreate the events of My Pancakes Taste Different Today! with your kids
ABOUT THE BOOK
Before going fishing one day, Ethan eats his favorite breakfast—pancakes. As his mom explains how his pancakes are made with help from the sun, clouds, rain, animals, and farmers, Ethan sees the world in a new way.
While playing outside, Ethan decides to create a big splash by throwing a can in the lake and accidentally contaminates the environment. Time passes and one day Ethan notices that his pancakes taste different. Realizing his decision to make a big splash caused a problem which affected his food, Ethan enlists the help of his friends to correct his mistake.
Do Ethan and his friends fix the taste of the pancakes? What do they learn in the process?
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Heather and Bruce Galpert are a husband and wife team. Heather is a graduate of Evergreen State College and has worked professionally in events and fundraising for nonprofit organizations including the Museum of New Mexico Foundation, The Santa Fe Community Foundation, and The Santa Fe Botanical Garden. Bruce attended the University of Dallas, has worked as an investment advisor for 32 years, and believes the best investment to be made is investing in children. Together, they enjoy spending time with their grandchildren, traveling, tennis, golf, and cooking. They live in Santa Fe, New Mexico.