August 22, 2017
Fiction | Romance
Jamie Beck (New Canaan, CT)
Author, Before I Knew
ABOUT THE BOOK
On the second anniversary of her husband’s suicide, Colby Cabot-Baxter is ready to let go of her grief and the mistakes made during her turbulent marriage. Her fresh start comes in the form of A CertainTea, the restaurant she’s set to open along Lake Sandy, Oregon, with help from her family. But when her executive chef quits just weeks before the grand opening, Colby is pressured to hire old family friend Alec Morgan. His award-winning reputation could generate buzz, but their friendship has withered since her husband’s reckless dare cost Alec’s brother his life.
Distracted by guilty secrets concerning the tragedy that changed his and Colby’s lives, Alec self-destructed and lost his famed restaurant. With his career in tatters, he’s determined to use this opportunity to redeem his reputation and to help the woman he’s loved from afar find happiness again.
But secrets have a way of coming out. When Alec’s do, they might destroy the new life he and Colby have rebuilt together.
- From Lawyer to Writer: How to create the career you want
- Second Act: How to reinvent yourself after being a stay-at-home mom
- Pinterest for Authors: Advice from romance writer, Jamie Beck–We love her character boards she’s developed, putting faces with the names in her novels
- Finding love after addiction
- Tips for authors: How important is finding the perfect backdrop to your book
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Jamie Beck is a former attorney with a passion for inventing realistic and heartwarming stories about love and redemption, including her popular St. James and Sterling Canyon series. In addition to writing novels, she also enjoys dancing around the kitchen while cooking, and hitting the slopes in Vermont and Utah. Above all, she is a grateful wife and mother to a very patient, supportive family.