May 27, 2014
Paperback, 130 pages
Joanne Blackerby (Austin, TX)
Personal trainer and nationally certified fitness expert
FULL PRESS PACK: CLICK HERE
WHY YOU’RE BOOKING HER
- Fitness veteran with over 22 years in the industry
- Founder and owner of Spirit Fitness Training in Austin, Texas
- Joanne is one of 800 wellness professionals to be nationally certified as an ACE Advanced Health and Fitness Specialist and is an ACE Educational Partner and Provider.
- Named World’s Top Personal Trainer (LifeFitness, 2012) by a panel of noted professionals from an international pool of over 1,000 nominees
- Author of Training Effects: Reflections on the Art of Personhood of Training
- Personal training: ViPR, TRX Suspension Training
- Health & wellness coaching
- Motivational/life coaching
- Group exercise
- Exercises for limited mobility populations & post-rehab
- Women & youth
- Weight loss & weight management
- Functional fitness
- Athletic performance
- Certifications: ACE, AFAA, AEA, ViPR, TRX, FMS, NESTA
- Why Do You Work Out? Going beyond the bikini body to discuss our real motivations to move
- How to Break Up with Your Trainer: What to do when your trainer isn’t working for you
- Getting Started with a Trainer: What to expect, what to ask your trainer, and why you should be scared of giving someone your body
- Changing the Multi-Billion Dollar Fitness Industry: Should personal trainers be licensed & regulated?
- Training the Trainer: Why you should ditch the program and focus on the client’s goal
- Fitness Rx: Exercises for stress relief, ADHD, post-injury, Diabetes 1 & 2, depression, aging.
ABOUT JOANNE BLACKERBY
Joanne “Jo” Blackerby is a leading fitness expert in Austin, Texas. She is the founder and owner of Spirit Fitness Training, her personal training enterprise that grew from her garage and workouts in parks to its state-of-the-art gym facility in North Central Austin with a cadre of fellow skilled and committed trainers. With over 22 years in the fitness industry, Joanne is nationally certified as an ACE Advanced Health and Fitness Specialist and is an ACE Educational Partner and Provider. She was named Personal Trainer to Watch and World’s Top Personal Trainer by a panel of noted professionals from an international pool of over 1,000 nominees, and is known as one of the most rigorous yet empathetic and inspiring trainers in Central Texas. Joanne is also a Master Pro Trainer for FiTour and a ViPR Pro Trainer, as well as a contributing author for PTontheNet and FiTour. A wife and mother of three, her passion for fitness fuels her contagious energy for life. Training Effects is her first book.