PESI Publishing & Media
Self-Help | Happiness
Jonah Paquette, Pys.D. (Novato, CA)
Author, Real Happiness: Proven Paths for Contentment, Peace & Well-Being
Clinical Psychologist, Kaiser Permenente
WHY YOU’RE BOOKING HIM
- Jonah Paquette is a clinical psychologist at Kaiser Permanente in Vallejo, California, where he provides individual and group psychotherapy, educational trainings, diagnostic assessment, and supervision in their intensive outpatient program
- He is an alumni of the PGSP-Stanford Psy.D. Consortium’s doctorate in clinical psychology program, and also holds a B.A. in psychology and history from Columbia University
- He specializes in happiness and well-being, utilizing cutting-edge approaches including positive psychology, cognitive behavioral therapy and mindfulness-based practices to help individuals and organizations prosper in life, love and work.
- He is the author of Real Happiness and a speaker for PESI, a national provider of continuing education for mental health professionals
ABOUT THE BOOK
What is happiness? Is it something we are born with or is it something we can create? And is it something that we can actually influence in a lasting and meaningful way? Clinical psychologist Jonah Paquette answers these questions and more in Real Happiness: Proven Paths for Contentment, Peace & Well-Being.
Drawing from years of groundbreaking research in positive psychology, cognitive behavioral therapy, mindfulness-based practices and neuroscience, Real Happiness outlines a path to lasting happiness and greater joy and purpose. In the book, Dr. Paquette explores the nature of happiness, the benefits of being happy and the barriers that often stand in the way of happiness.
Dr. Paquette also reviews the seven scientifically proven principles that have been shown to boost happiness levels in lasting way: gratitude, kindness, mindfulness, forgiveness, self-compassion, optimism and connection. The book includes 35 easy-to-implement exercises with practical and concrete techniques to help readers implement these concepts into their lives today.
- The Pursuit of Happiness: Why the quest for happiness has been at the forefront of human inquiry for thousands of years
- The 7 Proven Paths to Happiness: Actionable, scientifically backed steps to dramatically improve your happiness
- What Happiness is Not: Common myths that can block the road to well-being
- Two Sides of the Coin: Modern psychology has focused on reducing misery and managing psychological illness – Dr. Paquette instead focuses on wellness, contentment, and how to thrive
- The Most Unexpected Way to Increase Your Lifespan: Make Yourself Happy
- Your Body on Optimism: Reduce your risk of a major cardiovascular event by 50 percent, have better immune system functioning, and teach your brain to be happier
- 5 Myths of Mindfulness: what the practice is not (a religion, meditation, relaxation, not thinking, yoga) and why you should strive for it (scientifically proven to improve mental, physical health and happiness)
- 3 Entirely Selfish Reasons to Volunteer: How intentional kindness promotes lasting happiness