The 8×8 Cookbook (December 2015)
The Ultimate Panini Press Cookbook (September 2013)
Kathy Strahs (Los Gatos, CA)
Award-winning author of The Lemonade Stand Cookbook, The 8×8 Cookbook and The Ultimate Panini Press Cookbook
Founder of Burnt Chess Press
FULL PRESS PACK: CLICK HERE
ABOUT THE BOOK
Lemonade stands have become big business. Kids have been running them for decades, whether to raise money for a new bike, for a charitable cause, or simply to conquer boredom. Inspired by dozens of kid entrepreneurs from all over the country, Kathy Strahs pours her expertise as a food writer, entrepreneur and mother of two into the ultimate guide to setting up one’s own lemonade stand. Step-by-step illustrations and full-color photographs of each recipe (lemonades and snacks) and many creative crafts make each page easy and fun for budding entrepreneurs.
Find delicious drinks, such as LOL (Lemon-Orange-Limeade) and Watermelon Agua Fresca, sweet treats such as Polka Dot Blondies and Chocolate-Dipped Marshmallow Pops, grab-and-go snacks such as Owen’s Cheddar Chompers and Sunflower Crunch Balls, and creative crafts such as Hayley’s Flower Pencils and Friendship Bracelets. Tips for setting up a successful stand, packaging ideas, cooking technique tutorials, and real-life “stand stories” from kids themselves are sure to inspire kids everywhere to “give life a squeeze.”
- Young Entrepreneurs: setting up for success beginning this summer
- Summertime Activities: crafts and recipes to entertain kids at home during summer; Tips on getting them to take the initiative
- Stem Learning: how The Lemonade Stand Cookbook connects to common core standards
- Food for All: recipes easy for kids to make; Tips for parents to encourage kids to donate their prepared food and crafts
- November is Entrepreneurship Month; how to inspire young people
- Get a sneak peak at Kathy’s BlogHer talk in front of crowds in Orlando (June)
- From Stanford to lemonade: Kathy’s tips for college grads
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Kathy Strahs is the award-winning author of The Lemonade Stand Cookbook, The 8×8 Cookbook, and The Ultimate Panini Press Cookbook, and the voice behind blogs PaniniHappy.com, CookingOntheSide.com, and SunnyDaysGoodFood.com.
A former marketer with an MBA from Stanford, Kathy founded Burnt Cheese Press, a food-focused independent publishing company, in 2015. Its first release, The 8×8 Cookbook, received the Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA) Gold Award for Best First Book-Nonfiction.Kathy has spoken at many BlogHer Food and TechMunch conferences, and has judged numerous cooking competitions. She lives with her husband and two children in the Silicon Valley.