October 6, 2015
Self-help | Motivational & Inspirational
Lori Deschene (Los Angeles, CA)
Founder of TinyBuddha.com and author of Tiny Buddha’s 365 Tiny Love Challenges
FULL PRESS PACK: CLICK HERE
- Kindness and thoughtfulness
- Compassion and understanding
- Authenticity and vulnerability
- Releasing anger and forgiving
- Attention and listening
- Honesty and trust
- Acceptance and non-judgment
- Releasing comparisons and competition
- Support and encouragement
- Admiration and appreciation
- Giving and receiving
ABOUT THE BOOK
From the founder of the popular online community Tiny Buddha.com comes a daily inspirational guide of simple and creative challenges to help you actively spread love to those around you. Tiny Buddha’s 365 Tiny Love Challenges is a simple guide to help readers pursue happy, connected lives and bring greater love into the world. Each week begins with an inspirational message written by members of the TinyBuddha.com online community, followed by seven days of short challenges that focus on self-love, giving and receiving love in relationships and friendships, and spreading love in the world, such as:
- Write a list of three things you appreciate about yourself and place it somewhere in your home where you’ll frequently see it throughout the day
- Compliment someone who serves you in some way (for example, a waiter, barista, or bus driver) on how well they do their job
- Keep an eye out for someone who looks sad—a friend, coworker, or even stranger—and say something that might make them laugh or smile.
By using the book each day throughout the year, readers will learn to develop closer bonds in relationships, let go of anger and bitterness, better understand themselves and their loved ones, and turn strangers into friends.
- Finding Authentic Connection in Our Relationships: Turning surface level interactions, online or offline, into something deeper
- Daily Love Challenges: Do something big by starting with something small
- Does social media help us OR hinder us in forming meaningful, authentic connections?
- How TinyBuddha.com blossomed into a vibrant community, helping more than 59 million readers since 2009 gain insight into healing, letting go, and living a happy, connected life.
- Holiday Gift Guides: 365 days of inspiration for the new year
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Lori Deschene is the founder of Tiny Buddha, an online community that enables participants to share their experiences and insights to help themselves and others. Since launching the site in 2009, she has helped over 1,000 writers tell their stories, attracting more than three million monthly readers. She is the author of Tiny Buddha: Simple Wisdom for Life’s Hard Questions and Tiny Buddha’s Guide to Loving Yourself. She has presented at the Wisdom 2.0 Conference, and her writing has been featured in Good Housekeeping, Cosmopolitan, Shambhala Sun, Tricycle: The Buddhist Review, and Chicken Soup for the Soul. She lives in Los Angeles, California.