Michael Wigge (Honolulu, HI)
Journalist and Author of How to Barter for Paradise and How to Travel the World for Free
FULL PRESS RELEASE: CLICK HERE
WHY YOU’RE BOOKING HIM
- His book, How to Barter for Paradise (Skyhorse Publishing, Jan. 2014), explains how Wigge bartered his way from an apple in Germany all the way to a home in Hawaii in just 42 trades
- An experienced journalist and media guest, Wigge was featured on “The Today Show” and “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” for his first book, How to Travel the World for Free
- Wigge’s “How to Travel the World for Free” documentary series airs on PBS stations in most U.S. markets. The book and series follow him on his 150-day trek from Germany to Antarctica with no money.
NEWS HOOKS & TALKING POINTS
- Itching to travel, but lacking funds? Learn how to barter for—and during—your next vacation.
- Tips for using consumer-to-consumer sites like Craigslist and Airbnb for travel
- Is bartering the newest travel trend? Wigge’s top tips and secrets for trading up!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Author, filmmaker and journalist Michael Wigge (pronounced wig-ee) first started as comedic travel reporter on MTV in Germany, and that’s the last time he ever stayed in one place.
Since then, the world has been his newsroom: from living with the native Yanomami Indian tribe in the Amazon rainforest to fighting Sumo wrestlers in Japan. For the past decade, Wigge has been spinning around the globe reporting and producing in his trademark style: a hybrid of journalism and comedy. Culture is what drives him to travel and meet others and he is fascinated by the similarities and differences that make the world hum.
PRAISE FOR HOW TO BARTER FOR PARADISE
“Once again, Wigge has produced a crazy journey made possible by his heartwarming antics that elicit the generosity, good-heartedness, and eccentricities of awestruck strangers and characters.” – Library Journal