In The Insanity of Obedience, Ripken exposes the danger of safe Christianity and calls Christians to something greater, challenging them in the same, provocative way that Jesus did. Ripken dares them to cross the street and the oceans with the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Missionary, evangelist, expert on the persecuted Church
Author, The Insanity of Obedience
FULL PRESS RELEASE: CLICK HERE
- Global evangelism, missions, church planting
- Mentoring new believers
- Persecuted church
- Radical Islam, Sharia Law, Islamic extremism
- Middle East
- Christians and civil liberties issues
WHY YOU’RE BOOKING HIM
- Nik Ripken is the world’s leading expert on the persecuted church in Muslim contexts
- Missions veteran of 30 years, having served primarily in North Africa and the Middle East
- Author of numerous books and of countless articles on the topic
- Extensive research on the persecuted church, and on Muslim background believers, interviewing approximately 600 believers in 72 countries
STORY/ SEGMENT IDEAS, TALKING POINTS
- News of the day opportunities to discuss Islam, Christianity, the Middle East, extremism, international/domestic policy, persecution of Christians, Egypt, the Muslim Brotherhood, Sharia Law, religious liberty and other relevant topics, such as the cultural consequence of removing God from the public square, schools, etc.
- Who are ‘the wolves’? And, how should Christians engage and interact with those that are hostile to their faith?
- EXAMPLE OF RECENT, RELEVANT/RELATED NEWS: ‘CONVERT OR DIE, NIGERIAN TERROR GROUP BOKO HARAM TELLS CHRISTIAN WOMEN’ http://www.foxnews.com/world/
2013/11/19/convert-or-die- nigerian-terrorist-group-boko- haram-tells-christian-women/? intcmp=latestnews
- Will there come a day when we see these types of situations in America? When? What can Christians do in the face of this type of threat abroad or at home?
- How do Christians teach their children that looking different from their friends – i.e., the world—isn’t easy … but that it’s what they’re called to do? Particularly when it becomes more difficult every day, week, month and year? Or when they see news stories like the one above?
- What is true obedience? How do you recognize Jesus’ calling in your life? Whether it’s across the street or around the globe? And what tools has He equipped people with for the job?
- What does faith in the face of persecution look like in the office? In the schools? In our neighborhoods? In Washington? In news media and entertainment? How are Christians called to react?
- Christians and civil liberties in the United States and around the world
- Is it overexposure and the 24/7 news cycle, or has the intensity and frequency of persecution really increased as exponentially as it seems in recent years? What does the future hold and how do Christians prepare themselves and their children?
- In light of the radical commands of Jesus, how can modern day believers rest comfortably in the status quo?
- How believers are to respond in the face of persecution
WHO WROTE IT?
Nik Ripken is the world’s leading expert on the persecuted church in Muslim contexts. He is a missions veteran of 25 years, having served primarily in North Africa and the Middle East. He is the author of many articles and, along with his wife, has done extensive research on the persecuted church, and on Muslim background believers, in approximately 60 countries.