September 1, 2014
Hardcover, 176 pages
Northfield Publishing; New Edition
Paul White (Wichita, KS)
Psychologist, Speaker, International business consultant
Author, Rising Above a Toxic Workplace: Taking Care of Yourself in an Unhealthy Environment
WHY YOU’RE BOOKING HIM
- Psychologist and internationally-renowned consultant and speaker
- Extensive experience on radio and television
- Speaking style described as “world-class expertise grounded in Midwestern practicality, with just the right touch of warmth and humor”
- Ability to analyze, summarize and simplify complex workplace issues
- Cuts through the fluff, gets to the real issues
- Readily available
- Organizational leadership
- Workforce/employee morale, Human Resources
- Employee engagement & employee recognition
- Leadership development
- Workplace environments and issues
- Talent development
- Small business leadership
- Corporate leadership, management
TOPICS HE’S GREAT ON/ TALKING POINTS
- Making work relationships work
- Creating positive workplace relationships and environments
- Eliminating cynicism, sarcasm and lack of trust in the office
- Reducing staff burnout and turnover (without overextending your budget)
- Addressing tensions and difficult situations/people in the workplace
- What makes a workplace toxic?
- Surviving a truly toxic leader
- Understanding the core characteristics of a toxic leader
- The difference between a toxic leader and an incompetent one
- Why policies and procedures are the foundation for a healthy workplace
- The issue (& challenge) of respect in the workplace
- Cross-cultural, gender-related and generational issues in the workplace
- How to build trust, when you don’t
- Work ethic: What is a good one? Is it generationally defined? And why many younger employees just don’t seem to have them
WHO IS HE?
Dr. Paul White is a psychologist, author, speaker, and consultant who, for over two decades, has helped countless businesses and organizations make work relationships work.
Co-author of The 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace (written with #1 NYT bestselling author Dr. Gary Chapman), he has given lectures around the world to the likes of Microsoft, Princeton University, the Milken Institute, Napa Valley Community Foundation, Dartmouth College and the Houston Community Foundation, among others and has been cited in and utilized as a consultant by U.S. News & World Report, CNN/Fortune.com, FoxBusiness.com, the Chicago Tribune and Huffington Post LIVE.
Dr. White graduated Magna Cum Laude from Wheaton College with a major in Christian Education, earned his Masters of Counseling from Arizona State University, and received his Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology from Georgia State University. He has been married for over 30 years and is the father of four adult children.
MORE ON THE BOOK
Many employees experience the reality of bullying bosses, poisonous people, and soul-crushing cultures on a daily basis. Rising Above a Toxic Workplace tells authentic stories from today’s workers who share how they cope, change or quit. Candidly, they open up about what they learned, what they wish they had done, and how to gain resilience. Insightfully illustrating from these accounts, authors Gary Chapman, Paul White and Harold Myra blend their combined experiences in ministry and business to deliver hope and practical guidance to those who find themselves in an unhealthy work environment. Includes a Survival Guide and toolkit full of strategies and realistic insights.
The 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace: Empowering Organizations by Encouraging People by Dr. Gary Chapman and Dr. Paul White (September 2012)