PR by the Book Internship
Title: PR/Digital Marketing Internship
We are looking for enthusiastic and committed students who are interested in learning more about the literary public relations field from a team of seasoned professionals. PR by the Book, LLC interns designate their weekly office hours and commit to a minimum of 15 hours per week for 6-months. You’ll have the opportunity to be mentored in-person, too.
Payment will be determined by a performance based stipend. Intern performance evaluations will be conducted at the half-way point and at the end of the internship. If earned, a portion of the stipend will be paid at the halfway point and another portion at the end of the internship. No stipend will be paid if an intern leaves prior to the mid-term or final review.
Interns will be mentored and supervised and assist the campaign managers in developing, executing, and monitoring traditional book publicity, digital relevancy and influencer marketing campaigns.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Dedicated to making a difference in clients’ campaigns
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Solid understanding of social media
- Self-starter with initiative and creativity
- Solid writing skills
- Independently manages workflow
- Excellent time management skills
- Exposure to development & execution of social media campaigns (preferred)
- Understanding of digital media applications: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram
You will learn and assist as follows:
- Writing press packs with intro to author and book, news tie-ins for media pitching. Expert Booklet pages, Author Q&As and suggested interview questions
- Email pitching to media
- Online media research and blogger outreac
- Researching media and newsworthy topics online
- Attending monthly team meetings and brainstorm strategy sessions
- Compile media lists
- Assist with social media content development and blog writing for PRBTB and clients
- Monitor all forms of social media
- Content generation and ongoing social media support
- Assist in internship candidate process for next semester internship
IT software/applications PRBTB utilizes(experience preferred, but not required):
- GoogleApps for Business (gmail, Google docs)
- Basic understanding of Google Analytics
- Social Media Applications (FB, Twitter, Instagram, Hootsuite, Linkedin, Pinterest, Google+)
- Google/FB/Twitter/Instagram Analytics
- Mac or PC basic skillsCanva, Mailchimp, Crowdfire and Later Instagram
PR by the Book is a book PR firm that believes in the potential of every author to impact the world through their craft. Our sole purpose is to help our clients cross the threshold from author to influencer.
If you are interested in our internship, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.