Ready or Not
August 1, 2017
Andrews McMeel Publishing
Cookbooks | Health & Fitness | Paleo
Michelle Tam & Henry Fong
(Palo Alto, CA & Portland, OR)
Co-creators of Nom Nom Paleo;
Authors of Ready or Not!
- Food, family and fun
- Health and wellness
- Paleo diet and lifestyle
- Whole30 recipes
- Instant Pot recipes
- Meal planning and food prep
- Healthy cooking for kids
- Cookbook design (with comics!)
ABOUT THE BOOK
Four years after the release of their New York Times best-selling cookbook, Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans, Michelle Tam and Henry Fong are back with their highly-anticipated follow-up cookbook, Ready or Not!: 150+ Make-Ahead, Make-Over, and Make-Now Recipes by Nom Nom Paleo.
Ready or Not! focuses on one basic life skill that can make a huge impact on your health: cooking your own food—whether you’re ready to cook or not. (Which sounds simple, yet Americans spend only an average of 30 minutes per day on meal prep.) Ready or Not! includes over 150 deliciously nourishing recipes, many of which are Whole30-compliant. Featuring colorfully written and gorgeously photographed step-by-step recipes presented in a cheeky cartoon format, Ready or Not! also includes kitchen hacks, Paleo ingredient guides, meal plans, shopping lists and more.
- We Know The Struggle is Real in the Kitchen: 4 weeks of healthy meal plans for nights when you’re ready, kinda ready, or not ready at all
- Going the Whole30 and Beyond: A sustainable, healthy approach to eating that offers a whole universe of amazing, nutrient-dense ingredients and complex flavors
- Cooking With Allergies/Intolerances: Free of grains, dairy, soy, sugar, and processed seed and vegetable oils, the recipes in Ready or Not! are tagged as Whole30-Friendly, Nut-Free (not including coconut), Egg-Free, Nightshade-Free, or Freezer-Friendly
- Owen & Ollie’s Rules for Packable Lunches: Back-to-school cooking and food prep made easy with 4 weeks of meal plans
- Cooking Meets Comics: Tam and Fong have heard from a number of parents whose kids love the cartoon format of Nom Nom Paleo
- Nom Nom Paleo’s Favorite Food Trends of 2017: Ready or Not! includes recipes for fermented foods (“sauerkraut is trending” according to Martha Stewart’s team), Instant Pot/pressure cooker recipes, Whole30-compliant recipes and Garbage Soup to reduce food waste
- How Michelle Tam and Henry Fong, the mom and pop team behind Nom Nom Paleo, have built a brand that has impacted home kitchens and dinner tables around the world
- Speed Cooking for Families: How busy moms get healthy dinner on the table 5 nights a week
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Together, Michelle Tam and Henry Fong are the critically acclaimed co-creators of Nom Nom Paleo, the Saveur Award winning food blog and Webby Award winning cooking app. Their first cookbook, Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans, became a New York Times bestseller, and was nominated for a James Beard Foundation Award.
Michelle is the working mom and food nerd behind Nom Nom Paleo’s recipes and personality. Her obsessions include dark chocolate, trashy reality television shows, and miniature toy food from Japan. Michelle has a degree in nutrition and food science from the University of California at Berkeley, and earned her doctorate in pharmacy from the University of California at San Francisco. For over a dozen years, she worked the graveyard shift at Stanford Hospital and Clinics as a night pharmacist.
Henry is a lawyer by day, but moonlights as the photographer, illustrator, and designer of the Nom Nom Paleo cookbooks, app, and blog. He also strokes his beard a lot. Henry is a graduate of the University of California at Berkeley and Yale Law School.
Michelle, Henry, and their sons Owen and Oliver currently split their time between Palo Alto, California and Portland, Oregon.