Robert Martha Manning
Paperback: 256 pages
Publisher: Falcon Guides
May 1, 2017
Robert and Martha Manning (Vermont)
Authors, Walks of a Lifetime
ABOUT THE BOOK
Outdoor lovers, take a walk of a lifetime with Robert and Martha Manning as they explore the ins and outs of 30 of the world’s greatest trails in Walks of a Lifetime. Learn why walking is much more than just a mundane activity, explore the crevices and beauty of the trails in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and the Pacific.
Walks of a Lifetime not only informs its readers but also inspires them to talk a walk, in a technology driven era, this book forces readers to stop and smell the roses while being engrossed in some of the world’s most famous tracks.
- How does taking a walk impact an average person’s day? Are we getting our steps in? Tips to make it fun and simple.
- What did the Manning’s discover about themselves while exploring the world simply by taking a walk?
- What was the Manning’s favorite trail?
- What trail do the Manning’s plan to visit next?
- How has walking impacted their relationship and/or everyday life?
- Tips on getting started, hitting the trail.
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Robert and Martha Manning have been walking next to each other for more than 35 years. Twelve years ago the couple decided to take the journey of walking the entire length of the Vermont’s famous Long Trail. Together, the couple has walked 35 trails around the world.
Robert is a professor of natural resources and Director of the Park Studies Laboratory at the University of Vermont; The couple resides in Vermont.