Stacy Lyn Harris
March 31, 2017
Gray Forest Publishing
Stacy Lyn Harris (Montgomery, AL)
Author of Stacy Lyn’s Harvest Cookbook
Stephanie Ridge | 512-481-7681 | firstname.lastname@example.org
FULL PRESS PACK HERE: CLICK HERE
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Alabama-based chef and expert on wild game, sustainability, cooking and gardening
- Bestselling author of four cooking and gardening books: Stacy Lyn’s Harvest Cookbook; Tracking the Outdoors In; Wild Game: Food for Your Family, Recipes & Tips for Sustainable Living; and the DVD “Gourmet Venison: Tasty Field to Table Recipes”
- Founder of the popular Game and Garden blog where she posts videos, recipes and tips on free-range meats, homegrown food, gardening, and sustainable livingCo-host of “The Sporting Chef” on The Sportsman’s Channel (2.4 million viewers)
- Recipes have been featured in Southern Living, Glamour and Healthy Living
- Former lawyer, currently a homeschooling mom of seven
- Inspired by ingredients and passionate about sharing what she has learned to make life easier, more fulfilling, and more joyful for others
ABOUT THE BOOK
With nine mouths to feed on a daily basis, Alabama chef Stacy Lyn Harris keeps it simple, but doesn’t skimp on elegance. Her seven kids enjoy homegrown food, prepared beautifully and sustainably thanks to a few chickens in the back, a year-round kitchen garden, milk from a dairy farmer just outside of town, and locally-sourced free-range meats.
Always served up in Stacy Lyn’s rustic-refined style, her dishes are classic Old South, but with a fresh, healthy, beautiful twist. Culled from her family’s farmstead near Montgomery, Alabama, Stacy Lyn’s Harvest Cookbook offers recipes and tips for a simpler, better way of life through growing, harvesting and cooking from nature’s bounty.
As founder/editor of GameandGarden.com, Stacy Lyn is known for her elegant approach to outdoor living and natural, free-range cooking. Featuring full-color photos, Stacy Lyn’s Harvest Cookbook includes more than 100 field- and farm-to-table recipes that meet her three-part criteria: family friendly (easy, with simple ingredients), fresh, and tasty.
For city dwellers or anyone who feels Stacy Lyn’s way of life is out of reach, 15 “how to” articles sprinkled throughout the book offer steps for cooking and eating sustainably in any setting—including container gardening, saving seeds, preserving, foraging, composting and more.
The book covers food from the garden, pasture, woods, and water in four sections:
- “The Garden” features Fried Green Tomatoes, Jalapeño Poppers, Corn Chowder, Fried Squash with Tomatoes and Pesto, and other recipes to make you wish it was summer all year long.
- “Beyond the Garden” delves into beekeeping and raising chickens for an amazing Honey Butter to pour over Cinnamon Pear Buns and your favorite Egg Salad Sandwiches with Refrigerator Pickles.
- “From the Pasture” focuses on free-range, pasture-fed game recipes like Braised Short Ribs, Black-Eyed Pea Gumbo, and Juicy Pork Chops, plus a how-to on sausage-making.
- “Seafood and Fish” includes Stacy Lyn’s favorite entertaining recipes, Best Ever Clam Bake and Perfect Fish Tacos.