IN-STORE DATE: February 17, 2015
FORMAT: Trade Paper
TRIM SIZE: 5.375”x 8”
PAGE COUNT: 256 pages
RETAIL PRICE: $17.95
Dr. Terry Law (Tulsa, OK)
Subject of upcoming biography: Storm Chaser: The Terry Law Story (written by James Gilbert)
Founder, World Compassion Ministries
Founder, Storm Chaser, LLC
FULL PRESS PACK: CLICK HERE
WHY YOU’RE BOOKING HIM
- an elder statesman who has advised presidents and prime ministers, and who has faced KGB interrogations and escaped al Qaeda death traps
- 50+ years of international pastoral and missions experience; Has conducted missions into more than 60 countries.
- Founded Living Sound in 1969, which became Terry Law Ministries and in 1991, World Compassion
- Has advocated for religious liberties of Christians in Iraq, Iran, Israel, Afghanistan, Russia, North Korea and other places hostile to the Gospel.
- Vast media experience across multiple platforms, national outlets.
- Many decades of real life experience in the Middle East and countless personal relationships there. Not relying on second hand-information, speculation or knowledge learned in books when speaking about conflict between Christians and extremist/terrorist groups. Has first-hand knowledge and experience negotiating/dealing with members of these groups.
- Christian faith, scripture
- International missions, global evangelism
- Evangelization, reconciliation in dangerous, hostile environments
- Religious liberty and persecution of the church around the globe
- Radical Islam, terror groups such as ISIS, Boko Haram, Al Qaeda and others
- The Middle East and its people, nations and conflicts
WHAT IS THE BOOK ABOUT?
As a Pentecostal preacher’s kid in small town Canada, Terry Law ran from the ministry and towards whatever adventure and trouble he could find, as fast and as hard as he could. As a man fully submitted to God? Well, some things never change. ‘Storm Chaser: The Terry Law Story’ chronicles the globe-trotting and oftentimes harrowing adventures of the World Compassion and Storm Chaser, LLC founder as he shares the Gospel, evades the KGB and Al Qaeda and fights for the religious liberty of Christians in some of the most dangerous places in the world.
The book encourages and calls believers to a life of obedience, action and evangelism in an increasingly divided and hostile world.
WHY IS IT RELEVANT?
- Rapidly escalating hostilities and events around the world directed at Christians, Christianity
- Millions of Christians increasingly unsure if/when/where/how to share their faith in Christ, due to cultural intolerance and concerns for their safety
- Domestic hostilities (Ferguson, MO for instance), agitators dividing the nation along racial, political, socioeconomic lines. Christians must engage, run towards life and culture’s storms armed with the Gospel. Many (most?) are hesitant.
- Growing secular/cultural movement to silence those of faith, eliminate God from the public square will require Christians to stand confidently with Christ in the center of the storm, not run for shelter
- Growing hesitancy towards international missions/travel due to safety concerns
- Increasing need to cultivate a confident, assertive generation of young believers, motivated towards global evangelism
ABOUT TERRY LAW
Terry Law, author – evangelist – Bible teacher, has conducted missions to more than 60 nations throughout his 50+ years in ministry, sharing the Gospel and openly advocating for the religious liberties of Christians in some of the world’s most dangerous places, including Iraq, Iran, Israel, Afghanistan, Russia, and North Korea, to name a few.
He serves as Founder and Chairman of the Board of World Compassion Terry Law Ministries, the global missions and humanitarian relief organization he started in 1969 as Living Sound International. Terry graduated summa cum laude from Oral Roberts University, in Tulsa, Oklahoma, where he served on the Board of Regents and was also awarded an honorary Doctor of Letters degree for his pioneer mission efforts in the former Soviet Union and other closed nations.
In addition to his ongoing work with World Compassion, Terry is actively traveling throughout the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom telling his Storm Chaser story and promoting the new book about his life, Storm Chaser – The Terry Law Story.
Dr. Law is the author of two best-selling books, The Power of Praise and Worship, and The Truth about Angels. He has written several other books including, The Fight of Every Believer, The Hope Habit (with James Gilbert), Scriptures of Healing, Scriptures of Hope, and Your Spiritual Weapons. His booklet, published by World Compassion, The Story of Jesus, has been translated into more than 52 languages with an estimated 27 million copies having been distributed worldwide. It continues to be a very popular evangelism tool around the globe.