Paperback: 288 pages
Publisher: Baker Books (March 1, 2016)
SEE TIM ON CNBC:
Tim Maurer (Charleston, SC )
Author, ‘Simple Money: A No-Nonsense Guide to Personal Finance
Certified Financial Planner, Contributor to CNBC, Forbes, TIME/Money and PBS
- Personal finance, including:
- College savings
- Debt elimination
- Wealth management
- Experienced, comfortable on television, radio. Makes regular television appearances on Power Lunch, Street Signs, On the Money, and PBS’s Nightly Business Report and has been heard on NPR’s The Diane Rehm Show, Morning Edition and Marketplace. He has been quoted in the Wall Street Journal, the Washington Post, the New York Times, the Baltimore Sun, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, U.S. News & World Report and Money magazine.
WHO IS TIM MAURER?
Tim is an advisor, speaker, author and Wealth Advisor and Director of Personal Finance for Buckingham Asset Management and the BAM Alliance (a collective of over 140 financial advisory firms serving over 19,000 clients). He is also a Certified Financial Planner™ practitioner and a member of the CNBC Financial Advisor Council. He contributes regularly at CNBC, Forbes and TIME/Money and in 2011, co-authored The Ultimate Financial Plan: Balancing Your Money and Life with best-selling author, Jim Stovall.
WHAT IS THE BOOK ABOUT?
When it comes to money management, most people take a hands-off approach because they’re just not confident that they possess the know-how. But personal finance is actually more personal than it is finance. Tim has made a career out of distilling complex financial concepts into understandable, doable actions. In this eminently practical book, he shows readers how to:
- better understand their values and goals in order to simplify their money decisions
- budget major expenses intelligently
- reduce and eliminate debt
- make vital decisions on home, auto, and life insurance
- establish a world-class investment portfolio
- craft a workable retirement plan