The scientific record and the truth in the Bible aren’t mutually exclusive.
A compelling new look at the beginnings of life as veteran journalist Tim Stafford puts the questions of dinosaurs, genealogy, and the age of the earth to eleven world-class scientists – who also just so happen to be Christians. A sweeping book, touching everything from advances in genetics to the life of a particle physicist striving to become an Anglican priest.
Tim Stafford (Santa Rosa, CA / nearest major markets: San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento)
Author of ‘The Adam Quest’
Senior Writer, Christianity Today
FULL PRESS PACK, including book info and summaries of the scientists profiled in ‘The Adam Quest’ CLICK HERE
WHY YOU’RE BOOKING HIM
- Expert on the continuing debate around the origins of human life between the scientific and faith communities
- Objective journalist, long-time senior writer at one of the world’s most prominent, respected and widely-read Christian publications
- Position on the origins of human life may surprise people on both sides
- Author of over 20 books around the topic of Christian faith and culture
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Science vs. faith debate
- Creationism, Intelligent Design, Darwinism, other origins of life theories
- Christian culture, scripture and history
PREVIOUSLY PUBLISHED ARTICLE
A Tale of Two Scientists: What Really Happened ‘In the Beginning’
How two evangelicals—one a young-earth creationist, the other an evolutionary creationist—have lived out their faith and professions.
STORY/ SEGMENT IDEAS/ TALKING POINTS
- Are science and faith compatible? Reconciling the history taught in the Bible with the discoveries of the scientific community
- Where do dinosaurs, genealogy and the scientifically-proven age of the earth fit within the church and the creation story?
- Is the church closing the doors to science?
- What is a Christian family to do when their children begin learning science at school that is at odds with their faith?
- Can you believe in evolution and still be a Christian?
- A deeply informative look at Christians working in the field of science (yes, they DO exist)
Tim Stafford is Senior Writer for Christianity Today Magazine, where he has published many profiles of significant Christian leaders including Tim Keller, N.T. Wright, Lesslie Newbigin, Phillip Johnson, and Jack Hayford. He has won two Gold Medallions for his work on The Student Bible (with Philip Yancey, Zondervan) and Comeback (with Dave Dravecky, Zondervan). His most recent publications are Miracles: A Journalist Looks at Modern-Day Experiences of God’s Power and Birmingham (a novel). Tim and his wife, Popie, have three children and live in Santa Rosa, California.