The Rootlets: Super Rootabilities
Paperback | 6 x 9 in.
The Rootlets: Trouble at Plantasy Land
Paperback | 6 x 9 in.
Vicki Marquez (Chicago)
Author of The Rootlets
PRESS PACK: CLICK HERE
- Nutrition Specialist and Holistic Health and Lifestyle Coach, board certified by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners
- Certified plant-based chef
- Creator/ author of The Rootlets, a book series and entertainment brand that inspires and empowers children to make healthier choices
- Host of the healthy living cable TV show “Nourished,” airing monthly in Chicago on PH-TV Channel 4
- Founder of Inner FIGure, a health coaching practice that provides one-on-one lifestyle mentoring, corporate wellness programs, and a monthly plant-based cooking club built around her philosophy to “live healthy from the inside out”
ABOUT THE SERIES
When it comes to instilling healthy eating habits, kindergarteners through third graders are the most impressionable—but they also have the strongest opinions. That’s why certified health coach, nutrition specialist, and plant-based chef Vicki Marquez is committed to turning kids (ages five and up) on to fruits and vegetables and empowering them to make healthy choices early on.
When Vicki introduced her first book The Rootlets: Super Rootabilities (2014), teachers and parents responded enthusiastically to her approach. “[The Rootlets is a] very creative idea, targeted at kids at the most important time when they are able to make their own decisions and understand things clearly, yet are still very impressionable,” shared a parent in an Amazon review. Another parent reviewer said, “Don’t let it’s simplicity fool you—this book delivers a powerful message direct to the young minds that will benefit most from hearing it.”
Now entering it’s second installment, The Rootlets: Trouble at Plantasy Land (Fall 2016) continues to follow the adventures of Brocc, Carrotina, Cornelius and Kaley—best-friend superheroes named after their veggie hair—as they demonstrate healthy habits, like drinking their green power juice boxes. Brought to life with illustrations by Jeremy Russnak, the books combine storytelling, fun, humor, kindness, and good nutrition with a mission to inspire kids to read more, dream more, play more, laugh more—and eat more veggies.