- How youth can make a difference and why it is worth the effort
- How working together as a team (whether family, work, or with friends) benefits everyone
- How to be a healthy parent and a successful blended family
- Healing through fiction: five ways children can emotionally benefit from reading and how the monsters and trials in literature and our lives can be tools to help us succeed
- Tips for not giving up, even when the outlook seems pretty hopeless
- Currently scheduling outreach events for youth through his “Live with the Heart of a Giant” tour
ABOUT THE BOOK
From the award winning storyteller, Clark R. Burbidge, comes the third book in this popular young adult paranormal time travel adventure series, StarPassage, a non-stop spell-binder with surprises and suspense at every turn.
Teenagers Tim and Martie Carson return with new friends Mike and Ronnie, who are transported by the ancient star relic to experience major events in history: a desperate flight on a WWII bomber introduces them to extraordinary acts of bravery and loyalty; a colony of humble friars acting as first responders during the deadly Black Plague teaches selflessness; getting trapped in the middle of a violent battle at Gettysburg, the Black Hole of Calcutta and the biblical village of Bethany with the dangerous Trackers in hot pursuit shows the spirit of never giving up hope. Readers will also be introduced to twins Courtney and Callie who become mysteriously entwined in an unexpected paranormal twist. The ancient star relic discovered under mysterious circumstances holds the key to unlocking answers that can only be found in these dangerous journeys to the past. In a race against time the characters must learn its secrets while avoiding the powerful shadowy figures, doomed to haunt history, who are drawn to possess the relic for their own wicked purposes.
Travel through history with the Carson family and their expanding group of friends as they struggle to understand the relic’s purpose. Can they follow the clues and piece together the puzzle containing the answers they seek before being trapped forever by the evil forces that relentlessly pursue them?
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Clark Burbidge was born and raised in the high mountain valleys of the Rockies. He earned an MBA from the University of Southern California and a BS from the University of Utah. Clark and his wife, Leah, live near Salt Lake City, Utah, where they enjoy their blended family of ten children and five grandchildren. Clark’s award-winning works include the StarPassage series, Giants in the Land trilogy and the acclaimed Christmas book, A Piece of Silver: A Story of Christ.