ABOUT THE BOOK
How will We Recognize and Deal with the Anxiety this Coming School Year? Presenting:
“Sometimes anxiety is like the sea: it ebbs and flows, but it’s always there. Other times, it’s like a chameleon: it can take many forms, some of which may not be obvious. We all experience anxiety at some level. What matters most is how it affects you and how you manage it.” —Dr. Tracey Marks, introduction, Why Am I So Anxious?
Take control of your anxiety and take back your life!
A practical guide from respected therapist and popular YouTube star Dr. Tracey Marks that will help readers recognize the common signs and symptoms of anxiety and anxiety-related mood disorders, and then help them develop coping skills using self-guided solutions or help them decide on other treatment options.
Anxiety seems to be everywhere in today’s world. But how do you know if you’re experiencing anxiety or if it’s something else? And what can you do to fix it? Dr. Tracey Marks is known for her friendly, relatable style that helps followers of her YouTube channel (1+ Million) recognize what’s bothering them and then guides them to practical solutions that help them manage their mental health issues. In Why Am I So Anxious?, Dr. Marks will help you understand many of the most common causes of anxiety, help you identify what type of anxiety you may be experiencing, and give you helpful insight on how you can self-manage your anxiety before deciding if additional treatment options are the best choice. Bottom line: Anxiety doesn’t need to control your life!
Here’s what you’ll find inside:
- Detailed explanations for many of the most common anxiety disorders people struggle with in today’s times, all written in Dr. Marks’ soothing and relatable style.
- Tips for managing mild to moderate anxiety, with recommendations that go beyond just therapy and medication and will help you decide what treatment options are best for you.
- Helpful guidance for recognizing and preventing situations where your anxiety may be triggered.
- Simple exercises that will help you recognize your symptoms and triggers so you can better manage your anxiety.
- Understanding Different Aspects of Anxiety
- Introduction to the Disorders
- Other Anxious Conditions
- Anxious Personalities
- Prescription Treatments
- Complementary and Alternative Treatments
- Mind Tools
- Body Tools
- Behavioral Tools (including Aromatherapy, Emotions Chart, Grounding Exercises, Introspective Exposure Worksheet