Pub Date: September 5, 2023
Genre: Self-Help / Personal Growth / Inspiration
Publisher: Health Communications Inc
Page Count: 304
Format: Paperback, ebook
ISBN: 9780757324765 (paperback); 9780757324772 (ebook)
ABOUT THE BOOK
In this instant classic self-help guide, author Michael Z. gives us all the “missing life” manual we need to live happier, less stressful lives.
In The Owner’s Manual to Life: Simple Strategies To Worry Less and Enjoy Life More, international business coach and author Michael Z. offers 100 time-tested strategies and actionable tips for approaching life’s challenges with a sense of ease, peace, and confidence. A digestible and relatable guide, The Owner’s Manual to Life is like getting advice from a dear old friend who wants to see you live your best life. Each chapter begins with an inspirational quote, and Michael distills practical advice with real-world application, including:
- “The worst vice is advice.” Understand the difference between when someone is looking for advice and looking to be understood and how that can strengthen both personal and professional relationships.
- “Would you rather be right or would you rather be happy?” When we set aside the need to be right, instead focusing on creating space for others’ perspectives, feelings, and opinions, we discover a path to peace, collaboration, and mutual respect.
- “Remember: success is a journey, not a destination.” True success is found when we learn how to be present and appreciate the moments of joy that make up the fabric of our lives.
- “If I’m not the problem, there is no solution.” We all play an active or passive role in all situations in our lives. While we can’t change another person or institution, we can determine our own actions, attitudes, or feelings about them. Understanding our role in challenges and disagreements empowers us to take action, adjust attitudes, and decide what we can change or do differently.
- “Choose whom you spend time with.” Peace and maturity come when we allow our relationships to shift and change as we do. Prioritize relationships with people who feed your self-esteem and joy.
Michael’s gentle suggestions will help you live more gracefully, more mindfully, and with an increased awareness of and appreciation for the joy that is available to you whenever you slow down to see it.
Pub Date: May 17, 2022
Genre: Memoir / Christian Inspirational
Publisher: She Writes Press
Page Count: 304