Phil Cooke (Burbank, CA)
Producer, President/Founder of Cooke Pictures
WHY YOU’RE BOOKING HIM
- He’s the only film producer in Hollywood with a PhD in theology.
- As such, he possesses a very rare ability to discuss movies, TV and other entertainment from the perspective of both the film industry and the faith-based audience.
- He doesn’t speak in prefab sound bites and talking points that never really take a position or say anything. Phil speaks honestly and openly.
- Knowledgeable, confident, highly-articulate and comfortable in front of a camera or behind a microphone. Quick-witted, personable.
- He’s an authoritative, experienced voice regarding the intersection of faith, media and culture.
- Consults some of the country’s largest and most well-known ministries on how to engage and participate in today’s media-driven culture.
- An internationally known writer and speaker, Phil Cooke has actually produced media programming in nearly 50 countries around the world. In the process, has been shot at, survived two military coups, fallen out of a helicopter, and in Africa, been threatened with prison.
- Through his company Cooke Pictures in Burbank, California – he’s helped some of the largest nonprofit organizations and leaders in the world use the media to tell their story in a changing, disrupted culture.
WHERE YOU MAY HAVE SEEN HIM
Cooke has lectured at Yale, UC Berkeley and UCLA, just to name a few and has spent the past 30 years advising many of the largest organizations in the world. He has appeared on MSNBC, CNBC, CNN, NBC, Inside Edition, and Fox News and his work has been profiled in New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Fast Company, Wired, and Wall Street Journal.
WHERE YOU’VE SEEN HIS WORK
- The Better Hour – 2011 TV Documentary Special on William Wilberforce Abolishing the Slave Trade. Broadcast nationally on PBS with a special screening at the White House.
- 2010 Super Bowl Commercial for CareerBuilders.com
- Executive Producer on the upcoming Hillsong United Concert Feature Film. In theaters summer 2015
Phil has also advised and produced advertising and marketing projects for movies and TV programs from:
- Walt Disney Studios
- Paramount Studios
- Warner Brothers Studios
- New Line Cinema
- Dreamworks Studios
- The Game Show Network
- The USA Network
And has been instrumental in creating, branding and producing national TV programming for:
- Joel Osteen at Lakewood Church in Houston, Texas
- Joyce Meyer at Joyce Meyer Ministries in St. Louis, Missouri
- Billy Graham Evangelistic Association – According to the LA Times, his TV special “Starting Over” featuring Billy Graham was the most watched program globally in the organization’s history.
- The Jesus Film Project – Orlando, Florida
- Nicky Cruz – Author of classic book “The Cross and the Switchblade.”
- The Salvation Army’s digital media initiative SAVN.TV
- The American Bible Society in New York City
- Stella’s Hope – A nationally acclaimed documentary on human trafficking in Eastern Europe